The Student Room Group

warwick vs. nottingham

got an offer from warwick biz school for msc.busines analytics and consulting and nottingham for msc.finance and investemnts.

but am unable to decided due to thecoz:

altough warwwick is abrand name with employers but according to me with this course i can apply only to limited companies.
hence my main dilemna is whether to choose on basis of uni or course.

i plan to work in the uk for 2-3 years post my studies but i still want that my degree sud have scope and value in my home country.

so plz give me ur advise.
Reply 1
Since you're doing a business-related degree, you might be interested to know that Nottingham won the Times Higher Education 'Entrepreneurial University of the year' in 2008. Take from that what you will.
Reply 2
what was your undergrad degree in if you dont mind me asking ?
Reply 3
these degrees sound very different, correct me if i'm wrong (i most likely am),

decide what course you want to do before you decide the uni... (i'm having a think about this too)
Reply 4
I would decide on the course before the uni. But if not

WarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwickWarwick

Warwick
Reply 5
the course/program he got onto are basically just the same, with minor discrepancies on some modules. But the OP's intention is to get into the finance/banking industry, both programs will serve him/her well, i suppose.

between Warwick and Nottingham, I'd personally choose Warwick. It's more prestigious than Nottingham as a university and it is slightly favored by most top employers. Warwick is generally a top 5 UK uni and it's reputation transcends across boarders and employers...
Reply 6
Warwick is much better. If IB is your intentions then Warwick is leagues ahead.
Reply 7
james_dow
what was your undergrad degree in if you dont mind me asking ?
i did my bachelor of commerce(honours)
Reply 8
I'm being a traitor to my alma mater, but Warwick has a better reputation by far.

Latest

Trending

Trending