The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Middlesex is a crap university.. but I've just noticed your from abroad and you will proberly enjoy it as it pays alot more attention and has a lot more help on offer to the overseas students who are paying a lot more money for there course
Middlesex hasn't got a good reputation in Finance at all...

May I suggest my uni, Lancaster for you to look at lol?..

Lancaster University Management School is pretty good for Msc Finance, quite easy to get into and relatively cheap as well.. and they really take care of their postgrad well... we undergrads felt like second class citizens sometimes... :o:

Haha, I know it sounds ridiculous to recommend my own uni... :woo:
Reply 3
Thnks for the info Amber :smile:
Lancaster looks nice.. what are you studying there at present? And BTW are the fees similar? And is there any campus in London
Reply 4
I checked the fees in Lancaster... it's quite expensive.. it's a whopping £15,500 :frown:
Really? Whoa I didn't know that, sorry...

I'm doing Accounting & Finance there and it's a good course. Hard to get into IB though since it is massively underrated but for the likes of Accenture and Big 4s, there'll be no problem.

At 15k, it doesn't seem to be worth it though. I thought their fees are like 10k max, i guess i was wrong...lol... But like I said, LUMS does have its reputation. They tend to give partial bursary to offset the fees so it might be worth contacting them to see what you can get.
Reply 6
yeah 15k is too much :frown:
I can manage at the max 10k....

Any other options?
AFAIK all good business schools charge more than 10k for their masters. LSE charges 20k for their Msc Finance which is just preposterous.

The difference would be the location. A masters at Lancaster or Warwick for example is going to costs you less than one in London for example. You have to take into account of living expenses as well.

But please don't waste 10 grand for a master at middlesex just because it's cheaper because it won't improve your job prospect by much to be honest. Sometimes when you pay peanuts you'll get....
Reply 8
Hey guys.... I'm also planning to apply to Dundee University (Scotland)
What do you think about this idea?

I'll be applying for the Jan intake ...the course will be accounting and Finance... Do you think its a good choice? As, I'm currently running out of choices because most of the universities start courses in September....

Latest

Trending

Trending