The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd hope that the design and look of your business card tells enough about your abilities. If the thing looks really good, you'll have loads of chances to get interviews even without the "Bsc", if it looks bad you won't get an interview anywhere even with the Bsc; in fact, people are gonna roll their eyes and laugh at you in that case.
MBBS sounds so much sexier.
Reply 22
Was just reading this post and thought those who think they can speak for the rest of society are not as clever as they make out. When they say the majority of society will not see passing a degree as a major thing in life, they are wrong in my opinion. Maybe all there stuck up families and stuck up friends with loads of academic abilities and a few thousand pounds spare in the bank every month would think that passing a degree isn't much of an accomplishment.

For many of us it is a hard struggle trying to balence jobs to help your families at the same time as getting a degree. Personally I do have a degree and im proud of it. The majority of my friends don't have a degree but I dnt think any less of there achievements.

The world could definatly do without people like you.
Reply 23
ghanglish
I put my letters after my name on my email signature, which includes address and phone numbers. I know nobody cares but it makes me feel good. In some instances of course I'll delete it.

I wouldn't if you're hoping to avoid being labelled a dick
Reply 24
emma21emma
The world could definatly do without people like you.

It was mainly about not showing off and sticking your qualifications down peoples throats.

Quady MChem (hons), LGCI, TOGAF
Reply 25
There is nothing wrong with showing you have reached a certain level in your education.

What goes after your name when you have a postgrad?
Reply 26
Nick_000
There is nothing wrong with showing you have reached a certain level in your education.

What goes after your name when you have a postgrad?

Well, a MSc would be in the same regard as a BSc, in that you don't put anything. People only really bother when they've a PhD, in which case it'd be Dr XXX or XXX PhD (University).
Smtn
I wouldn't if you're hoping to avoid being labelled a dick

Yeah I got the message when I first posted that
Reply 28
hardstyleGuru
I work as a freelance web designer, therefore I'm hoping that showing that I have a degree will further reassure my potential clients how hardworking I am!

I think potential clients would care more about your web design skills than anything else, so the most important thing they'd want to see is your portfolio of work. Maybe you could put a link to your website on your business card, and the website could include your portfolio as well as mentioning your academic qualifications?
Try DCKFCE?
Reply 30
Hippysnake
Try DCKFCE?

:laugh:
Bet your life; these plebs who say 'it makes no difference and you will be laughed at', have very little education, and are just a bit jealous.

Regards

Toni-leigh BSc hons
Use the letters whilst they still fit on a business card

Tenofthem
B.Sc. (Hons.)
P.G.C.E.
NPQH
MBA
Reply 33
Bsc av hons ( average honours)
Thread locked - please don't bump old threads :smile:

Latest