The Student Room Group

TSR Veggie Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I'm a lacto-ovo vegitarian, can I join?
Reply 221
I'm a Lacto-ovo-vegetarian, and been one from birth! :smile:
Reply 222
i'm going to try and be a vegan for 6 weeks! not only will it help me shed some pounds, but also reflect upon how a vegan diet would work as i am interested in turning vegan.
sneezyme
i'm going to try and be a vegan for 6 weeks! not only will it help me shed some pounds, but also reflect upon how a vegan diet would work as i am interested in turning vegan.

Good luck!!! let us know how you get on :smile:
Reply 224
ooh! guess what, since im not a total veggie, when i was in thailand, i had like most salad! because the food wasnt really appetizing and it was really greasy. ugh.

VIVA LA SALAD! hehe
Reply 225
sneezyme

Yeah thats the best thing to do, have a trial and see whether u can do it. Thats wat i did, well i said i was gonna go vegan for 2 weeks, but when the 2 weeks was up i just decided to carry on with it, that was 3 years ago!
I havent lost any weight through becoming a vegan though, i thought i would! Like if im in town and im hungry its really hard to find something vegan to eat so i end up eating crisps and chips!
Reply 226
steffi_c
Yeah thats the best thing to do, have a trial and see whether u can do it. Thats wat i did, well i said i was gonna go vegan for 2 weeks, but when the 2 weeks was up i just decided to carry on with it, that was 3 years ago!
I havent lost any weight through becoming a vegan though, i thought i would! Like if im in town and im hungry its really hard to find something vegan to eat so i end up eating crisps and chips!

yeah i'm trying out this alpro soya diet, which says you can lose up to a stone in 6 weeks. obviously it will mean not eating biccies, crisps and such for it to work! its gonna be hard, i think i'll miss cheese the most, i'm absolutely addicted to the stuff!
Reply 227
yes thats what i miss the most, its the only thing u cant really substitute (vegan cheese is disgusting and doesnt taste like cheese). I did make a vegan lasagne the other day..the topping looked disgusting but it tasted quite nice!
Have you tried cheezly then??
Reply 229
what's cheezly?
Reply 230
as in cheesy? maybe? iono.. O.o
Can I be a quarter-vegetarian?

Y'see, I'm very fussy...

I eat chicken (only white bits). I eat some fish (just cod and haddock). I don't eat gelatine. I only eat my mum's steak, that's because it's thin and she covers it with loads of pepper, I can't stand eating thick meat, that includes chicken and fish... it all has to be paper thin. Otherwise, I don't like red meat. And I think vegetarians are cool. But I don't like vegetables. Now how weird is that?! :confused:

So... am I in? :biggrin:
gemgems89
Can I be a quarter-vegetarian?

Y'see, I'm very fussy...

I eat chicken (only white bits). I eat some fish (just cod and haddock). I don't eat gelatine. I only eat my mum's steak, that's because it's thin and she covers it with loads of pepper, I can't stand eating thick meat, that includes chicken and fish... it all has to be paper thin. Otherwise, I don't like red meat. And I think vegetarians are cool. But I don't like vegetables. Now how weird is that?! :confused:

So... am I in? :biggrin:

well...if you eat fish, chicken and steak, you arnt exactly a veggie are you
~cherrykisses~
well...if you eat fish, chicken and steak, you arnt exactly a veggie are you
But I only eat certain fish, chicken and steak. And I don't eat any gelatine! I am no meat lover, so I think that deserves a quarter-vegetarian status. I am a vegetarian at heart, cos i'm fussy about most things, especially meat and I never eat lamb/duck/turkey or anything..yuk.
Reply 234
gemgems89
But I only eat certain fish, chicken and steak. And I don't eat any gelatine! I am no meat lover, so I think that deserves a quarter-vegetarian status. I am a vegetarian at heart, cos i'm fussy about most things, especially meat and I never eat lamb/duck/turkey or anything..yuk.

aww bless how sweet!
sneezyme
aww bless how sweet!

hehe.. :redface:
Reply 236
Hey all - I've been busy with my summer internship so havent had a chance to come on a talk. Im glad to see that lots of you want to join the society.

But if you want the cool logo youll have to send a join request by going to - user cp and group memberships
Falguni
Hey all - I've been busy with my summer internship so havent had a chance to come on a talk. Im glad to see that lots of you want to join the society.

But if you want the cool logo youll have to send a join request by going to - user cp and group memberships

Im a pescatarian (ie. i eat fish but no other meat) so i suppose im a semi-vegetarian....i was a full veggie for bout 3 weeks, but i love fish 2 much..mmmmm!
xxx
Reply 238
I've had no meat for over four years now. I became vegan about 3 years ago. AND I live in TEXAS which is like the meat capital of the world. So you try explaining again and again to hicks how you actually care about not eating animals. Then sit there while they list of every fast food restaurant and steak house and repeadedly tell you that they don't understand the no-meat concept. So do I get to join?
whats everyones fave veggie food? I dont like quorn - it makes me feel sick, but i love LindaMcartney stuff, like the linda macartny country pies mmmmmmm :p:

Quick Reply

Latest