Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Veggie Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been a vegetarian since Setember 2002 (pat on the back)

I'm not so sure that I am a proper vegetarian though, as when I studied GCSE food tech my eating habits weren't in the textbook!

Anyhow I eat everything except meat (including chicken) BUT shamefully I eat fish. So what sort of veggie am I?

Just to add I don't particularly like vegetables thoughh I love potatoe - don't know if dat counts!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falguni)
    Does anyone get annoyed by the fact that most sweets are not suitable for vegetarians?

I wonder if anyone actually knows that one E number - which is for Cochineal - red colouring - is made from crushed beetles!?!

Ahh because of Gelatine I can't eat cola bottles although I have done mistakenly in the past. I remember buying a bag full and then remembering on the way home - my neighbour was pleased with getting a free bagful though.
    Im lacto veggie...no meat, fish or eggs. Been so whole life i think.

Cochineal is E120
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubble Fairy)
    I've been a vegetarian since Setember 2002 (pat on the back)

I'm not so sure that I am a proper vegetarian though, as when I studied GCSE food tech my eating habits weren't in the textbook!

Anyhow I eat everything except meat (including chicken) BUT shamefully I eat fish. So what sort of veggie am I?

Just to add I don't particularly like vegetables thoughh I love potatoe - don't know if dat counts!
    you're a pestarcarian i think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for letting me join !!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Goddess -are you living in Sri Lanka?

I went on holiday there last summer. A nice place - I stayed in Bentota.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown1557)
    Im lacto veggie...no meat, fish or eggs. Been so whole life i think.

Cochineal is E120
    And gelatine is E441 and Edible Bone Phosphate is E542.....I always watch out for those. x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falguni)
    Goddess -are you living in Sri Lanka?

I went on holiday there last summer. A nice place - I stayed in Bentota.
    Yes, I live in Sri Lanka. Bentota is a lovely place but I didn't get to go there after the Tsunami.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're either a veggie or you're not. No semi-veggies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I drink milk, eat eggs etc but don't eat fish or meat. I don't know what that makes me except vegetarian (lacto-ovo etc means nothing to me). Can you put me in the right group, please? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esd1323)
    I drink milk, eat eggs etc but don't eat fish or meat. I don't know what that makes me except vegetarian (lacto-ovo etc means nothing to me). Can you put me in the right group, please? Thanks
    I think that's lacto-ovo - like me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    May I please have a veggie soc icon?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol who repped me for that? hehe :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To get the icon go to User CP, Group memberships, and request to join there
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    can I join standard veggie.
    Eat eggs but only freerange and only organic milk, and yog.
    If anyone knows of any nice soya yogs let me know. I'm trying to be vegan. Have soya in everything except for tea (it curdles it gross), but don't like those yofu yogs and don't know whether there are any nice soya ones.
    My new thing is only eating vegan chocolate.

Whats the standard vegan position on honey btw. About half my vegan friends eat it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alpro soya yoghurts are VERY nice indeed and in many different flavours. Try different places, around here you can get them from one tesco but not another, but can get them in sainsburys and waitrose (i.e. all but one of the major supermarkets near me stock it). Im not vegan, and often have non-vegan yoghurts, but the alpro yoghurts are fantastic; better than any normal yoghurt ive ever had.

As for Honey... ive seen discussion on this elsewhere; and there doesn't seem to be a concensus. Some do, some don't... although probably the majority (from what ive heard generally) are fine with honey. At least in my opinion; I don't see anything particularly wrong with bee hives; its not exactly factory farming.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    Lol who repped me for that? hehe :p:
    r u a veggie? and do you want to join?

I agree with you about semi-veggies - but at least its a step in the veggie direction...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm more of a semi-veggie than a non-veggie honary member. I don't eat beef. The only reason I'm not fully veggie is because it's too hard to be in my home. As soon as I move out in a few months I'm going fully veg though
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate alpro soya.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Soya is great in my opinion but does anyone find that cows milk has a grassy taste?? :eek:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love soy but not alpro soya stuff.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2014
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.