The Student Room Group

TSR Veggie Society

Scroll to see replies

bavman
Im a vegie, 18 years and proud of it. Only this year i aly ate some ham whilst drunk at a party. Someone told me it was vegie. they lied...lied so bad. (It was in some sort of pastry..i know what ham looks like even when i am drunk.)

Apparently I shall be force fed meat at some point - something about me becoming pregnant =0(

*I had mine and now back to school, you will have a great Summer =0)
Ooh are u pregnant? Congratulations! My friend just had a beautiful baby boy! Will you veggies in here feed your kids meat, or will they be vegetarian from birth?
Reply 102
gonnabavet
Urgh people do that to me when I have been drinking, try to make me eat pepperoni pizza and stuff. I have never done it though :smile: Horrible people.

Nah i dont think she knew either. Just wished i had like...not eaten it...didnt even taste nice
gonnabavet
Ooh are u pregnant? Congratulations! My friend just had a beautiful baby boy! Will you veggies in here feed your kids meat, or will they be vegetarian from birth?

Nonono :redface: Sorry. It is just that a close friend has promised to force feed me meat when and if I do become pregnant...I do not know what I would do with my children, bring them up on what is healthiest but allow them to choose, I'm vegetarian out of choice, so they may be too =0)
(Congrats to your friend though, that is lovely :smile: )
Reply 104
gonnabavet

Veggie from birth of course - I don't agree witht his idea that you should let them eat meat and then decide - why can't it be the other way?

Besides my family has always been veggy.
Falguni
Veggie from birth of course - I don't agree witht his idea that you should let them eat meat and then decide - why can't it be the other way?

Besides my family has always been veggy.

Im one of two in mine. The other is a strict vegan.
Reply 106
Well I have got 2 kids ages 6 and 3 and although I have been veggie for about 16 years my kids aint. I still find it difficult, even in this day and age, to find veggie food especially when eating out (im well fussy lol) and I know you will prob hate me for saying this, but it is just easier for my kids not to be. Its hard to explain things to small children, plus I dont want them to think they are different from all the other kids. To be honest they dont eat that much meat as I dont cook any (being veggie since 11 never learned how to) so they only really eat meat at school/nursery or at my mom's house. But if and when they decide to be veggie, when they can understand the "why's" then of course they can.
kazzz
Well I have got 2 kids ages 6 and 3 and although I have been veggie for about 16 years my kids aint. I still find it difficult, even in this day and age, to find veggie food especially when eating out (im well fussy lol) and I know you will prob me for saying this, but it is just easier for my kids not to be. Its hard to explain things to small children, plus I dont want them to think they are different from all the other kids. To be honest they dont eat that much meat as I dont cook any (being veggie since 11 never learned how to) so they only really eat meat at school/nursery or at my mom's house. But if and when they decide to be veggie, when they can understand the "why's" then of course they can.

Thats a great take on it. If you do not cook it then they can only have it elsewhere... I think it is the choice of the individual unless it is for religious reasons.
Reply 108
Jayjayjay
Thats a great take on it. If you do not cook it then they can only have it elsewhere... I think it is the choice of the individual unless it is for religious reasons.

I'm a Lacto-Ovo Veggie and have been since I was 11/12 so about 10 years now. I don't eat meat cos I love animals...and whats more I'm getting my own pet chickens for my birthday on Saturday :biggrin: Sooooo happy! Oooh and how do I get the little Veggie Logo on the top?! Anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 109
* gemchicken
I'm a Lacto-Ovo Veggie and have been since I was 11/12 so about 10 years now. I don't eat meat cos I love animals...and whats more I'm getting my own pet chickens for my birthday on Saturday :biggrin: Sooooo happy! Oooh and how do I get the little Veggie Logo on the top?! Anyone? :biggrin:

User CP button near the top of the screen --> Group Memberships option --> choose Join Group next to the Veggie Society :smile:
Reply 110
I'm the only vegetarian in my immediate family but my uncle (I don't see him very often) is vegetarian too. :smile:

So what is everyone's favorite veggie dish? I have many... mostly pastas and such. Recently I have been eating chana masala frequently. Yum. :smile:
Reply 111
hey can i join? i'm vegetarian (don't eat meat, fish etc- but do eat eggs n milk)
Reply 112
selkie
I'm the only vegetarian in my immediate family but my uncle (I don't see him very often) is vegetarian too. :smile:

So what is everyone's favorite veggie dish? I have many... mostly pastas and such. Recently I have been eating chana masala frequently. Yum. :smile:

I had chana masala on Sunday!
Albinosheeps-Non Veggie (but veggies are good :biggrin:)
Reply 114
I'm currently living off hummus. Mostly on toast.
Reply 115
~Jen~
User CP button near the top of the screen --> Group Memberships option --> choose Join Group next to the Veggie Society :smile:

Thank you Jen! Will do that :biggrin:
Reply 116
I'm a veggie (lacto-ovo) have been all my life :biggrin: please may i join?
cheesecakebobby
Hi, I'll join. Standard veggie, need my cheesecake after all.

Cheesecake *droool* :eek:
Reply 118
Hello. could i please join? i would probably class myself as semi-veggie - i still eat fish and eggs in abundance. I will always stay a semi-veggie unfortunately - i need my protein! :biggrin:
Reply 119
Oh, I want to join up too! :biggrin: been a 'veggie' for 10 years now or so, can't really remember, it was so long ago. Hehehe, but I still remember my mum saying: 'she'll grow out of that phase soon...' :p: (i don't eat fish, but milk and things with eggs in are in my diet)

Quick Reply

Latest