Original recipe yield: 8 small or 4 large burgers.
* 1 carrot, sliced
* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
* 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 cups salsa
* 1 cup dried bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* salt to taste
* 1 pinch chili powder
1. Place carrot into a bowl, and fill with about 1/4 inch of water. Cover with plastic wrap, and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until soft. Drain.
2. Mash beans and steamed carrot in a large bowl. Mix in green pepper, onion, salsa, bread crumbs, and whole wheat flour. Season with salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Add flour to create a firmer mixture, or more salsa if the mixture is too stiff. Form mixture into patties, and place on a greased baking sheet.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), and cook for about 15 minutes
My parents went out this Sunday so it was up to me to make lunch for myself and my brother. My mum suggested that I make stuffed courgettes, which is what I did. My brother ate them all up very quickly and didn't complain - not bad for my first attempt.
Cut 3 courgettes in half lengthways and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Place on a tray and drizzle over with oil. Put courgettes in the microwave for about 5 mins.
Meanwhile prepare the filling:
salt and pepper
A paste made with a good handful of fresh basil leaves, one clove of garlic and a few sundried tomatoes in olive oil.
Mix all the ingredients together and once the courgettes are soft put the mixture into them. Drizzle a little oil over the top again and place under the grill for about 10mins or until the mixture looks crunchy.
I'm a veggie. I eat dairy products and eggs so i guess that makes me a lacto ovo veggie. I decided to be a veggie for a bet but it seems to have lasted 8 years now and i have fallen out with the person i made a bet with.