Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Neither, I went to a grammar school. I voted for state though
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
State school, yay. Although I think at some point my school was a grammar school.
Reply 3
Peanut42
Neither, I went to a grammar school. I voted for state though

Most grammar schools are state anyway lol. If you don't go to a fee-paying school then it's state, regardless of whether it's a grammar or comprehensive.
I don't understand why it matters?

OP - I already told you in the other thread where you queried this that the amount of private/state applicants doesn't really affect your chances of getting in either way. Whether you get into the University or not is down to YOU and nobody else.
I went to an International School, so I guess that counts as private :p:
Reply 6
A grammar school, but not properly state funded - we essentially have to pay in the form of 'voluntary' donations.
Reply 7
I went to a private school all the way through from 5-16 and then a state school for Sixth Form.
OP - i've seen you mention this numerous times and I reiterate what has been said above and previously, I really don't think it matters!
I don't think the university are more inclined to make more offers to private schooled students over state-schooled students or vice versa.
ChloeGsy
I went to a private school all the way through from 5-16 and then a state school for Sixth Form.
OP - i've seen you mention this numerous times and I reiterate what has been said above and previously, I really don't think it matters!
I don't think the university are more inclined to make more offers to private schooled students over state-schooled students or vice versa.

hey, i'm not saying Exeter will be prejudice towards either private school or state but i was just merely weighing up my chances, as i think that the majority of private school students who have applied to Exeter are more likely to meet thier grades so the chances there will be spaces for me (considering i don't meet my grade) is zero :frown:
DreamsComeTrue.
hey, i'm not saying Exeter will be prejudice towards either private school or state but i was just merely weighing up my chances, as i think that the majority of private school students who have applied to Exeter are more likely to meet thier grades so the chances there will be spaces for me (considering i don't meet my grade) is zero :frown:

Geees...you don't have a zero chance! You don't know how you've done in your exams yet so I think you need to stop fretting about this and just chill out. If/when you actually find out that you've missed your offer, THEN its time to panic. Until then, making predictions about whether you'll get let in or not is completely pointless, and a little irking to those of us who have told you the same thing over and over.
Reply 10
Yes state schools!
Reply 11
State :smile:
Reply 12
To be honest i think you have to take these poll results with a pince of salt, i mean what proportition of exeter offer holders will have voted or will even be connected to TSR? though i do agree with what people are saying, reguardless of the others how have be offered a place , it is you that has to meet the offer, not them. By the way, i'm state school all the way, and i'm going to be one of those annoying people who get too drunk and say in front of a load of private school people "big up to all of us that DIDN'T pay for our education. oh dear, i'm going to be hated...

Latest

Trending

Trending