The Student Room Group
Reply 1
does anyone know any
Reply 2
http://www.librarything.com/tag/Personal+Study+(Intermediate+2)

I recommend you do Z for Zachariah, it's really good. It's where a nuclear war has gone on, leaving a girl alone in her valley..until a survivor comes, but it doesn't turn out good..

There are a few stephen king books that are both higher/int 2 level, carrie, cell and the shining, they're quite good

Here's an example essay on "The Lord of the Flies"
, just to help ya plan it and stuff. Pick a book you really enjoy, and you know you'll have lots to write about. Google sparknotes with your book title, and you might find a lot of stuff on it ^^
Reply 3
Psl?
Reply 4
It depends what kind of books you are in to.
I would recommend you don't do a book thats commonly done as teachers will compare it with better essays of the same book.

For example, a girl in my class loves Twilight and she did a really good essay on that. No one did common books, they did ones they enjoyed.

I actually did two poems, which I really enjoyed.
If you can't find a book, I would highly reccomend you give it a shot.

Do you like books with a theme of fantasy, horror, romance etc?
Reply 5
pamelaa
Psl?

Personal Study of Litrature (is that how you spell it? I really don't think so...)

Btw Op, I forgot to mention. There is a sticky which is full of advice for your PSL. See: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=651837
Reply 6
Do you have to write about what you enjoyed about it, regardless of what question you choose?
Reply 7
LuhLah
Do you have to write about what you enjoyed about it, regardless of what question you choose?

I don't think so. You have to address the question and answer it all the way through. At the end, in your conclusion you could say "I enjoyed [book title] because..." and list a few reasons which will help bulk out your essay. But I never did that and I passed so... Btw, never ever say you found the book boring.
Reply 8
xo-Heva
I don't think so. You have to address the question and answer it all the way through. At the end, in your conclusion you could say "I enjoyed [book title] because..." and list a few reasons which will help bulk out your essay. But I never did that and I passed so... Btw, never ever say you found the book boring.

Ta :biggrin:

My question will be, "How does the author purvey the themes of totalitarianism and paranoia throught the book, with the use of setting and symbolism?"

Mostly straight to the point I think, lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending