The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

magiccarpet
like how?

like eg in my school i have recieved no sex ed, ie no one came and told us how to use condoms etc. but then alos the mum should not of let the 12yr old have sex at all let alone in the house! does anyone know how old her 'bf' was?
Reply 61
i didnt have any sex ed about contraception. but i think we all know to use a condom. everyone knows.wtf else is durex for?
Reply 62
Sam_B
:dito:

this thread is crap. stop making crap threads!

There is a similar thread in D&D.
Reply 63
Sam_B
:dito:

this thread is crap. stop making crap threads!

if this thread is crap, you must be crap for reading something you dont like . what the hell ignorance/masochism is that,omg that thread looks crap and annoying, it will totally make me mad to read it. so what do you do? you go and read it. DUH!

and as for the similar one in D&D i think this topic isnt about debating whether a 12 yr old shouls have sex. i think its to do with Relationship hence why its in h&R. realtionships btw kids, btw their parents, ages of relationships etc. if anyone thinks the mom was GOOD, argue ur point on the one in d&D
Reply 64
sorry folks ill behav! :top: magiccarpet is BEST!
magiccarpet
if this thread is crap, you must be crap for reading something you dont like . what the hell ignorance/masochism is that,omg that thread looks crap and annoying, it will totally make me mad to read it. so what do you do? you go and read it. DUH!

and as for the similar one in D&D i think this topic isnt about debating whether a 12 yr old shouls have sex. i think its to do with Relationship hence why its in h&R. realtionships btw kids, btw their parents, ages of relationships etc. if anyone thinks the mom was GOOD, argue ur point on the one in d&D

I'm having trouble deciding which post was most tragic, the one I highlighted or the one below. :frown:

i think sex ed encourages sex.
Reply 66
Absolution
I'm having trouble deciding which post was most tragic, the one I highlighted or the one below. :frown:

well the more they teach sex ed, the more kids seem to be having sex. the rate of teen pregnancies just goes up and up and keeps rising. 50 yrs ago there was no sex ed. but i'll bet there was less than half the teen unwed moms there are today
magiccarpet
well the more they teach sex ed, the more kids seem to be having sex. the rate of teen pregnancies just goes up and up and keeps rising. 50 yrs ago there was no sex ed. but i'll bet there was less than half the teen unwed moms there are today

thats becasue they didnt have sex till they were like 25 :eek:
Reply 68
magiccarpet

wtf??

Have you actually got any statics to proof that that teenage sex is rising?

Have you heared called somthing called the media? There is more peer preasure now, it has nothing to do with what is taught in schools. If they didn't teach it it would make things much much worse.
Reply 69
magiccarpet

That's totally due to changes in society and attitudes towards sex rather than just kids being taught about it. Plus people don't get married so young any more - back then you'd be more likely to be forced to (if you were over 16, of course, not much they could do for those kids)
Reply 70
see? it was better when we did not speak of such filths. and the govt plans to give out condoms in schools to kids atge 11 is just encourageing them
Reply 71
It was different. Women also had to stop work when they married, the Pill wasn't invented and abortions were illegal. I don't think that it was all necessarily "better"
Reply 72
magiccarpet
see? it was better when we did not speak of such filths. and the govt plans to give out condoms in schools to kids atge 11 is just encourageing them

If kids want to have sex they will do (the point is that parents should make sure kids don't want to have sex at this age) but free condoms at least means they will do it safely.

I don't agree with people having sex so young, its wrong but its not going to stop by not teaching about it.

To be honest I don't think its as wide spread as you would think either.
Reply 73
abortions should be illegal. and the pill gives you boob cancer. boob cancer has risen 33% since the pill. and women sghouldnt work after marriage. so see? it was better!!many kids skipped sex ed when i was at school. they didnt get pregnantt. i think they need a mom that says shell throw them out if they get preggiers
magiccarpet

Of course there was sex education 50 years ago! It obviously wasn't the same as todays but still, it was there. But now you're talking about marriage - I'm willing to take that bet and say you're talking crap, I bet more people 50 years ago of the age we're talking were married than compared to today. Are the 3 girls in this thread married? Infact are two thirds of them actually old enough to be married?! :-/

More sex education = more teenage pregnancies....It's almost the same as saying a wider selection of fruit and vegetables = more vegetarians!! Which imo is complete tosh.

The whole reasoning behind sex education is to EDUCATE people on the dangers and consequences of sex - pregnancy, STI's. How you can think that because of lessons in this people are actually having more sex, and more unprotected sex to be specific, well, thats ludicrous.
Can you make someone temporarily sterile with guaranteed reversability?
Reply 76
Absolution
Of course there was sex education 50 years ago! It obviously wasn't the same as todays but still, it was there. But now you're talking about marriage - I'm willing to take that bet and say you're talking crap, I bet more people 50 years ago of the age we're talking were married than compared to today. Are the 3 girls in this thread married? Infact are two thirds of them actually old enough to be married?! :-/

More sex education = more teenage pregnancies....It's almost the same as saying a wider selection of fruit and vegetables = more vegetarians!! Which imo is complete tosh.

The whole reasoning behind sex education is to EDUCATE people on the dangers and consequences of sex - pregnancy, STI's. How you can think that because of lessons in this people are actually having more sex, and more unprotected sex to be specific, well, thats ludicrous.

more vegetables=more likely you find some you will like=more vegetarians

i dont think a 10 yr old should know how to put on a condom or about the dangers of anal sex. it encorages them to try it out of curiosity
Reply 77
magiccarpet
abortions should be illegal. and the pill gives you boob cancer. boob cancer has risen 33% since the pill. and women sghouldnt work after marriage. so see? it was better!!many kids skipped sex ed when i was at school. they didnt get pregnantt. i think they need a mom that says shell throw them out if they get preggiers

I have known about sex since I was three and went to every sex ed class I had. I'm also not pregnant.

Wtf? We should stop working after marriage? Argh!

Pill increases the risk of breast cancer, but it's not a guarantee you'll get it. Plus they're now much lower doses than they used to be, so the risk is decreased. Abortion is an issue I'm not going to argue, but I think the option should be there.

NDGAARONDI
Can you make someone temporarily sterile with guaranteed reversability?

There are some methods of contraception that will do this, but using them on kids that young is controversial to say the least.
Reply 78
lessthanthree
hardly. I'd teach someone the dangers of something before they're likely to hear it from a magazine or older kids.

Exactly, at least then you can guarentee they get the facts, rather than the halves truths they might pick up in the playground
Reply 79
I think sex education is actually given at too young an age. There should be more of it after the age of twelve, and none before that age other than the basic where babies come from. If a twelve year old is told about sex they will want to try it, and if you say it's a grownup thing, you should wait until you are ready etc. they are even more likely to do it to prove how mature they are.

Latest

Trending

Trending