The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Toiletpaper8
My posts are a bit hard to miss, seeing as they are preceded by highly graphic pictures of a dancing penguin from happy feet :p:

Indeed, very true. May I point out that good observational skills are important for a good doctor, which someone doesn't seem to have.
startruck
I agree. I spent 10 months enduring that place! And it should be rebranded as: Thames valley for the aged or Thames valley college!

Aww, I'm so sorry OP!!

At least you'v finished now and never need to look back!!
Reply 82
Toiletpaper8
My posts are a bit hard to miss, seeing as they are preceded by highly graphic pictures of a dancing penguin from happy feet :p:

PM'ed you. :smile: And thanks for the advice. Ill try and ignore him. :smile:
Reply 83
Hubba Me Up
Aww, I'm so sorry OP!!

At least you'v finished now and never need to look back!!

:hugs: Its alright sweetie.

No:p: ...I will never look back ever again.:eek:
Reply 84
Comp_Genius
Indeed, very true. May I point out that good observational skills are important for a good doctor, which someone doesn't seem to have.

Im telling you now, you lack that too.:rolleyes: You failed to observe that my thread is only for discussing TVU course; not an online therapy session of issues you had with your school or with chavs!
startruck
Im telling you now, you lack that too.:rolleyes: You failed to observe that my thread is only for discussing TVU course; not an online therapy session of issues you had with your school or with chavs!

Yes I admit that :smile:.
Reply 86
Comp_Genius
Yes I admit that :smile:.

You are a self-confessed * * * * do you realise that? Now dont post on my thread ever again coz youre a troll!:p:
startruck
You are a self-confessed * * * * do you realise that? Now dont post on my thread ever again coz youre a troll!:p:

yes princess.
Reply 88
Comp_Genius
yes princess.

Good, at least we agree on something. And dont you dare test my patience! Troll!
Reply 89
Okay, admittedly I just scanned through this but how do you know all the other students that got accepted weren't in a similar situation, did they tell you all this?

Also, maybe Imperial chose them because they were a better applicant than you. I understand your disappointment but you're coming across as pretty bitter.
Reply 90
Comp_Genius
yes princess.

And stop stalking me with your weird PMs seriously!:mad:
startruck
And stop stalking me with your weird PMs seriously!:mad:

You said don't I dare test your patience. I was bored, and so did. And did they not teach you the difference between singular and plural at school?
Reply 92
leemkule
Okay, admittedly I just scanned through this but how do you know all the other students that got accepted weren't in a similar situation, did they tell you all this?

There were 21 students on the course. As you can tell its failry a small cohort for 5-6 places at Imperial.

I have made good friends with everyone on the course coz i have social skills...and I knew about their situation by speaking to them. I was with them for the whole 10 months monday to friday.:smile:

leemkule
Also, maybe Imperial chose them because they were a better applicant than you.

Of course admissions tutors know best:wink:. But I just wanted to put across the fact that they only got the place coz they already have AAAAs in their hands. And those who got into imperial without the special socio-economic criteria was even more hurtful. This course is meant to be for students with disadvantaged background like me but of course imperial would automatically prefer candidates with As than those who cant As. Its just messed up that TVU allowed these A students to do the course in the first place.

leemkule
I understand your disappointment but you're coming across as pretty bitter.
Was I coming across as bitter? Woah, I didnt even try yet..:p:
startruck
There were 21 students on the course. As you can tell its failry a small cohort for 5-6 places at Imperial.

I have made good friends with everyone on the course coz i have social skills...and I knew about their situation by speaking to them. I was with them for the whole 10 months monday to friday.:smile:

Of course admissions tutors know best:wink:. But I just wanted to put across the fact that they only got the place coz they already have AAAAs in their hands. And those who got into imperial without the special socio-economic criteria was even more hurtful. This course is meant to be for students with disadvantaged background like me but of course imperial would automatically prefer candidates with As than those who cant As. Its just messed up that TVU allowed these A students to do the course in the first place.

Was I coming across as bitter? Woah, I didnt even try yet..:p:

Okay. I hope you don't mind me being honest here. I've been a bit harsh. Yes I am sure you work hard, but unfortunately there aren't enough medicine places to go round. And 21 applicants for 5-6 places is a good ratio - I believe the ratio can be much higher at certain universities such as Southampton and Edinburgh. Even then there is no guarantee in life - sure you might be better than them academically and socially, but life is unfair and it doesn't mean you'll get the place. It's all down to the interviewers, interviews will definitely come with bias. I would suggest having a backup plan for everything. Achievement and results don't always equate an offer. I speak from personal experience: I've been rejected before too when I know I was better than a lot of the applicants (although a lot were better than me, still), but I have a backup plan, and never put all my eggs in a basket. Either I don't eat eggs all the time, buy a few baskets, or buy eggs on different days.
Reply 94
Comp_Genius
Okay. I hope you don't mind me being honest here. I've been a bit harsh. Yes I am sure you work hard, but unfortunately there aren't enough medicine places to go round. And 21 applicants for 5-6 places is a good ratio - I believe the ratio can be much higher at certain universities such as Southampton and Edinburgh. Even then there is no guarantee in life - sure you might be better than them academically and socially, but life is unfair and it doesn't mean you'll get the place. It's all down to the interviewers, interviews will definitely come with bias. I would suggest having a backup plan for everything. Achievement and results don't always equate an offer. I speak from personal experience: I've been rejected before too when I know I was better than a lot of the applicants (although a lot were better than me, still), but I have a backup plan, and never put all my eggs in a basket. Either I don't eat eggs all the time, buy a few baskets, or buy eggs on different days.

You dont seem to acknowledge others' opinions, so why would I acknowledge yours! Oh and do keep your advice to yourself as I dont need it...not from you anyway! Youve been soo harsh to me and I shant forgive you!:mad:
startruck
You dont seem to acknowledge others' opinions, so why would I acknowledge yours! Oh and do keep your advice to yourself as I dont need it...not from you anyway! Youve been soo harsh to me and I shant forgive you!:mad:

There is a difference: I've acknowledge your views, as well as others. But it doesn't mean it's going to change my view, or that I agree with them. But it may, unfortunately my views are biased by my experience, which are more privileged than a lot of people, which I appreciate. I do apologise if I've been harsh, but I have strong sentiments about these issues.

Unfortunately everyone has had a different experience. For example, I believe positive discrimination has gone too far, but I have not experienced very underprivileged lives before, so I can't understand it fully. The same could be said for my situation, I am sure a minority feel that I've taken up 'their' place at university, due to the fact that I wasn't born here etc.

Of course you don't need to listen to my opinion or advice, I never take people's advice, even if I ask for them.
Shouldn't you guys be asleep by now? (Actually, ignore my blatantly hypocritical comment)
have data to analyse for tomorrow morning and write up, which I've not started yet. I'll be in bed by 4am. Then wake up at 9am. Then sleep at 1-5pm. You?
Comp_Genius
have data to analyse for tomorrow morning and write up, which I've not started yet. I'll be in bed by 4am. Then wake up at 9am. Then sleep at 1-5pm. You?

Well, I'm secretly a vampire, so I don't sleep :p: (but don't tell anyone about it :shh:)
Reply 99
startruck

You know if you just stopped replying he would go away...

In your opinion, should someone who had AAA but who was from a disadvantaged background get in to this course? Its just there is a lot of talk about grades when i thought the point was about where these students are from.

Latest

Trending

Trending