The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Comp_Genius
I don't know the full facts of the people who were on the TVU course and were subsequently accepted into the medical course. I suspect they must have extenuating circumstances like yourself but maybe they didn't say? Of course there is a chance that TVU could be breaking the own rules, but I think it is less likely, because if they openly accept people who don't have extenuating circumstances, that defeats the point of the course (which is what you've been saying), but worse, it gives them bad publicity if the media finds out.

Well I know everyones business coz ive spent 10 months with them monday to friday. And my inquisitive nature helped me know their background, life, etc. They didnt have any exceptional circs at all (how many times do I have to type this for you!?). You are clearly ignoring my points!!!:mad:

Comp_Genius
May I add that the more privileged 4-A grade students wouldn't normally be doing this course even if they were rejected from all medical schools. There are alternative and better courses, say biology courses at more respectable universities. They can always reapply next year. Spending one year on this course which isn't a degree course isn't exactly the best choice you have, unless you are truly underprivileged and do not have alternatives.

Yes, they should be doing degree courses and leave the tvu premed course to those who need it more.
startruck
Well I know everyones business coz ive spent 10 months with them monday to friday. And my inquisitive nature helped me know their background, life, etc. They didnt have any exceptional circs at all (how many times do I have to type this for you!?). You are clearly ignoring my points!!!:mad:

Yes, they should be doing degree courses and leave the tvu premed course to those who need it more.

I am not ignoring you. If this is true, then I suggest making an official complaint, then it's clearly not on if they are breaking their own rules and it is unfair.
Comp_Genius
Well if the students on the course have parents who are doctors, they are clearly the opposite of bright. Clearly they've not had a disadvantaged life.

I am skeptical about how someone having 18 GCSEs and 7 A's at A-level would be at TVU..

I do agree with that point.... i think you are over-exagerrating the number of people who have AAB or above in your course...
billykwok
I do agree with that point.... i think you are over-exagerrating the number of people who have AAB or above in your course...

Exactly. There would be another national outcry. A 10-A*, 4-A grade state school student getting rejected by Oxford was in the national news, how do you think the media would reach to underprivileged, deprived students who got *18* GCSEs and 7 A-levels? Oxbridge for one would probably accept this person without much hesitation.
Reply 124
billykwok

Now youre calling me a liar. Thanks:rolleyes:

As I said from my first post, I will only speak truth.

Those who got into imperial this year got As and Bs okay. I girl with 4As, 1 boy with AAB and the rest AAA-AAB.

That girl who got 18 GCSEs and 7As wasnt an over-exaggeration. She is a very clever girl and came from private school with very priviledged background. Most oxbridge applicants have those amount of A levels so its not something ive just made up or anything. To be honest as soon as everyone knew how many gcses a levels she did, noone could believe it, but its true.

Im not the type of person who hypes up things coz dishonesty will not get me far in life!
Reply 125
Comp_Genius
Exactly. There would be another national outcry. A 10-A*, 4-A grade state school student getting rejected by Oxford was in the national news, how do you think the media would reach to underprivileged, deprived students who got *18* GCSEs and 7 A-levels? Oxbridge for one would probably accept this person without much hesitation.

She is not underpriviledged, but still got into the TVU course through clearing without getting interviewed! Thats why I brought up that issue. The admissions procedure is just messed up!

She left TVU premed coz she realised that she didnt even need the course in the first place. She gave people higher chance of getting into imperial. Bless her.
startruck
Now youre calling me a liar. Thanks:rolleyes:

As I said from my first post, I will only speak truth.

Those who got into imperial this year got As and Bs okay. I girl with 4As, 1 boy with AAB and the rest AAA-AAB.

That girl who got 18 GCSEs and 7As wasnt an over-exaggeration. She is a very clever girl and came from private school with very priviledged background. Most oxbridge applicants have those amount of A levels so its not something ive just made up or anything. To be honest as soon as everyone knew how many gcses a levels she did, noone could believe it, but its true.

Im not the type of person who hypes up things coz dishonesty will not get me far in life!

Dishonesty can actually get you pretty far... not that I practise or encourage it!

Fine - then there is clearly something very wrong with the system... perhaps gather your evidence and speak to the press?
Reply 127
Comp_Genius
Dishonesty can actually get you pretty far... not that I practise or encourage it!

How the hell did you actually come up with that conclusion? Enlighten us! Surely youve been doing that in ages.
Comp_Genius
Fine - then there is clearly something very wrong with the system... perhaps gather your evidence and speak to the press?
No, dont tell me what to do.
Reply 128
I am closing this thread as it has descended into arguments and insults.
OP: people will still be able to read through the problems you had with the course so should be able to make their own minds up about whether to apply for not.

Latest

Trending

Trending