The Student Room Group
I'm not sure if it'd be useful but have you tried learndirect?

Why don't you want to go to college?
Reply 2
You can do A-levels online. Search google. I remember there is some advertisement on TSR about online courses for A-levels.
I would go college. I'm going to enrol in the summer. You have to be active in your learning, interaction with teachers/students and asking questions is the best way to learn. Also depends what A levels you want to do. For the sciences, how will you get a lab? Experiments are very easy to remember when you actually carry them out, rather than just memorising the procedure. It'll earn you valuable marks in exams. :smile:
if you work during the day then some colleges offer night school courses or open learning, where the subject isnt taught, its more like an a level workshop. Depends where you are in the world. I did open learning this year at a college and I would say thats the best bet as you dont need to worry about enrolling for your exams etc
Reply 5
You're telling me I could have *not* wasted 2 years of my life in that place?

*weeps*
True, a lot of them offer evening classes. Depends how well motivated you are. Doing 3/4 A levels will take up 3/4 evening per week at least. Just make sure to squeeze in time for homework if you're working full-time. It can be done!

Latest