The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Im gonna miss my bed-tis only a single but tis well comfy and ace...have u lot started to pack up stuff yet? I have, but I'm scarily organised and over excited when it comes to going, so for some reason I'm doing it really early :P
Reply 21
just bought some stuff like an iron really...
Reply 22
hey guys ne1 stayin in student village, Brayford courts cos i am and wondered bout internet access in the rooms. i heard it was broadband but not sure...i have a laptop and need to buy accessories for it before i go. not long now!! xx
Reply 23
i'd imagine it would run from the uni's super JAnet infrastructure.
depending on the switches used. upto a 1Gb/s broad enough for ya?
but its prolly slowed down alot :P
Reply 24
XiXora
i'd imagine it would run from the uni's super JAnet infrastructure.
depending on the switches used. upto a 1Gb/s broad enough for ya?
but its prolly slowed down alot :P

It should be run through that infrastructure like other universities.

Woah, 1GB/s is a very good speed. I can't wait to use it when I get there! Probably be slow as you said, as lots of students will be using it.
Reply 25
Hey everyone,

GOOD to see some people are going to Lincoln Uni who use TSR

Im going this september to study Business Studies which shud be good as i love the subject. I needed 200 points but got 240 so was happy about that.

Hope everyone is going on the booze cruise first week, cause it will be a good laugh, and if ur doing business studies we go to alton towers!

Why go to cinema when u can download movie for free??!!!

Save your £6 to buy ur parents a christmas present heh.

Oli
Reply 26
omills
Hey everyone,

GOOD to see some people are going to Lincoln Uni who use TSR

Im going this september to study Business Studies which shud be good as i love the subject. I needed 200 points but got 240 so was happy about that.

Hope everyone is going on the booze cruise first week, cause it will be a good laugh, and if ur doing business studies we go to alton towers!

Why go to cinema when u can download movie for free??!!!

Save your £6 to buy ur parents a christmas present heh.

Oli

No matter what university you are going to, there are bound to be a few people on here going to the same university. However, it's quite rare to find people doing the same course though.

I thought only the travel and toursim and related courses get to go to Alton Towers?

Congratulations on meeting your offer.
Reply 27
i said 1Gb/s not GB :P anyway, the whole country would use this which is the prob.
great speeds from mirror.ac.uk tho :wink:
download ya *nix distributions here :biggrin:
Reply 28
lauren_hayes_w
Hey!!! Im goin 2 lincoln uni its gorgeous isnt it? anyone in the Hayes Wharf accomodation??

Lauren xxx

Hey I'm staying in Hayes Wharf. Do you know which flat? I'm so excited, Lincoln is so pretty! xx
Reply 29
heh misskirsty? i just saw you on funky i swear :P
Reply 30
Is anyone in the Brayford Pool halls? Court 13'll be living it up with me in it :biggrin:
Yikes...just posted and my signiture's gone... :eek:
Reply 31
whhooaa... i didnt expect so many replies wen i 1st asked if ne1 was goin to lincoln!! has ne1 recieevd a list of what to buy? they seem pretty ***** at sendin the email telin me what i need!! :confused:
Reply 32
XiXora
heh misskirsty? i just saw you on funky i swear :P

haha, yup! *ashamed at joining so many forums*
Reply 33
mi55_amy
whhooaa... i didnt expect so many replies wen i 1st asked if ne1 was goin to lincoln!! has ne1 recieevd a list of what to buy? they seem pretty ***** at sendin the email telin me what i need!! :confused:

I haven't got a list of what to buy, I got sent my enrolment package saying what to bring on the first day i.e. ID, payments for fees etc.

However I am alittle confused as to how to pay for accommodation, my parents are paying but I can't remember even filling in a form with their bank details on it :s i've emailed the uni but they are pretty slow at replying :frown: x
Reply 34
Holly19
I haven't got a list of what to buy, I got sent my enrolment package saying what to bring on the first day i.e. ID, payments for fees etc.

However I am alittle confused as to how to pay for accommodation, my parents are paying but I can't remember even filling in a form with their bank details on it :s i've emailed the uni but they are pretty slow at replying :frown: x

Got the freshers pack today, and theres a prom which is cool. And a wristband we hav to buy if we wanna get involved in 3 things or suming for like £28. Better than having to buy a tshirt which i thought we wud hav to do!

Oli.
Reply 35
Annyoing thing is - i need to go out n buy stuff this weekend for uni and iv got a vague list but a better one from the uni wud b helpful! i guess il av to fone them up again for the 5th time this week!! :mad: if u go to www.lincolnsu.com thers info about freshers week (can we not jus buy the bands wen we get to uni tho for these events?!) :confused:
Reply 36
omills
Got the freshers pack today, and theres a prom which is cool. And a wristband we hav to buy if we wanna get involved in 3 things or suming for like £28. Better than having to buy a tshirt which i thought we wud hav to do!

Oli.

Not sure about the prom though, I might not have enough money to rent one, lol. :redface:

What's in the freshers' pack?
Reply 37
Is the freshers pack different to the enrolment one then? Also who is buying thw wristband online...can't we buy it wen we get there? xxx
Reply 38
trev
Not sure about the prom though, I might not have enough money to rent one, lol. :redface:

What's in the freshers' pack?

Its got a student union booklet in it, which just recommends wat to bring again like UV pens and stuff.

Yeah u can buy the wristband when u get there, but its prob easier to order online as u dont hav to worry bout it then!

Oli.
Reply 39
Thats what i was thinking - about buyin a band when i get ther or buyin tickets for nights i wana go to!! surely we dont have to buy it online?! does ne 1 no if we can invite guests??????(that aint in the uni?)

Latest

Trending

Trending