Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Effort :rant:
Reply 21
crazylemon
:confused:

#
I'll do it later.
You rule, Kate. I'm going to include links to both of these posts in my original, if that's alright with you.
Reply 23
jonnyofengland
You rule, Kate. I'm going to include links to both of these posts in my original, if that's alright with you.

already done :p: (see PM!)
Kate = Epic :yep:
Hygeia
already done :p: (see PM!)

Literally got your PM immediately after posting that. :doh:
Kate :congrats:
Reply 27
BBB for UCL? :O
ali242
BBB for UCL? :O

If they really love you at interview the used to give BBB offers to make sure you put them as your firm.
becca2389

BMAT (if applicable): 25.8 (5.3 7.0 13.5 I think...)

You got such an amazing BMAT score considering you only did 2 science A Levels!
piece_by_piece
You got such an amazing BMAT score considering you only did 2 science A Levels!

Agreed, but it's the essay score that's truly amazing IMO.
fairy spangles

Extra Curricular: does the pub count??

I hope so, it's the only thing I've done this year apart from studying :rofl2:
Democracy
I hope so, it's the only thing I've done this year apart from studying :rofl2:

its communication skills i guess
ummmmmmmmmmmm pubage and alcohol :biggrin:
jenifaar
Year of Entry: 2009
Deferred?: Nope
GCSEs: 11A*s
AS Grades: aaaa
A2 Prediction/Results: AAA (predicted)
Previous Degree (if applicable): -
UKCAT (if applicable): 717 average
BMAT (if applicable): -
Work Experience/Volunteering: 1 week in hospital, 2 days with GP/district nurse, work with elderly at community coffee mornings as part of DofE for 1.5 years, St John Ambulance volunteer, work in hospital shop, week at Vitalise.
Extra Curricular: DofE, CU at school, prefect, grade 8 piano, helping at science club for lower years, peer counsellor
Universities applied to and decisions: Glasgow - Offer AAB (january, no interview)
Newcastle - offer AAA (interview early november)
Durham - offer AAA (interview early November)
Edinburgh - rejection, March

How did you apply for Newcastle AND Durham? They're the same medical school.
BlueRoses
How did you apply for Newcastle AND Durham? They're the same medical school.

No they're not, you can apply for both.
Democracy
No they're not, you can apply for both.

Can you? On UCAS I'm pretty sure you have the choice of one or the other or "Either," since the two unis merge in 3rd year?
BlueRoses
Can you? On UCAS I'm pretty sure you have the choice of one or the other or "Either," since the two unis merge in 3rd year?

Nah that's the Stockton Campus thing for Newcastle. You can apply to both, but as two separate choices.
OriginofSymmetry
Nah that's the Stockton Campus thing for Newcastle. You can apply to both, but as two separate choices.

Ahhh OK. I never looked at Durham. Who in their right mind would choose purely to go to Stockton...
Reply 38
BlueRoses
Ahhh OK. I never looked at Durham. Who in their right mind would choose purely to go to Stockton...

Someone who really wanted to get a medical degree from somewhere, and figured 2 years of their life spent there would be worth it in the end?
Durham was my backup choice, kind of, because they tend to have fewer applicants per place. I'd rather have gone there and had a Newcastle degree at the end of it than not got a place at all...Saying that, it's not my favourite place in the world, though the uni campus is nice.
This thread is worrying me now - I've got so much less extra curricular activities :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending