The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Victoria Point -Private Halls

Scroll to see replies

I've got s viewing tomorrow and had my heart set on it..before i came across this thread! Now i am back to the start with nothing accommadation wise!!!! grrrrr
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I know this might sound stupid, but where actually is that one? I've found two different addresses on the internet..... v___V
Reply 22
Original post by MeikyuuNoTobira
I know this might sound stupid, but where actually is that one? I've found two different addresses on the internet..... v___V

44 Hathersage Road...
So after reading the feedback it would seem not many people are impressed. I've already paid my deposit so it doesn't really matter now, and I've lived in some complete dives whilst studying for my undergraduate degree so I'll be content with anything with four walls that isn't on the brink of collapse.

But given that the majority of the criticism is dated 2009/10, could anybody tell me is it still as bad as previously described these days?
Reply 24
Yeah I was wondering as well I'm moving there next week... Is it still as bad as everyone says?
Reply 25
im moving there next week and when i went to view it was fine the ladies there were helpful and quite informative... overall the place seemed nice all the negatives stated in previous posts there were not present on my visiit there... guess theres only one way to find out...ride the roller coaster and see how good /bad it really is :smile:

p.s im moving up from London - background - working proffesional looking to get back in to education as a mature student, will be studying dentistry so will be here for 6 years and will be looking to meet new people and build a new network.

thanks
Im moving into Victoria Point as an Ardenite, and have spoken to loooads of past tenants from Viccy P and they said they loved it there. So these posts were probably from when it had its first few hiccups and bumps :biggrin:
Reply 27
hey moving into victoria point and still dont have my information, is anybody else finding correspondence slow?
Going here mid August to study at MMU. Since you guys are going earlier can you tell me what it's like?? Thanks :smile:
Reply 29
moved in last week...no complaints so far :smile: anyone else moved in yet? whats everyone doing/studying...
Reply 30
Original post by xBubblesx

hi, i'm moving out of a spacious double room, within a student accomodation in victoria point. it's the biggest room available in the apartment with a double bed. a luxurious apartment. all bills and internet are inclusive in rent.
96pounds per week is the rent but you pay in installment and drop in a deposit of 200pounds to keep the room. it is a very neat and peacefull area to live in, i'm aparently leaving the place because i'm, transfering to birmingham, so i'm looking for someone that is interested in moving in, any time. there is also free parking space available. very afordable price and you will love it there. not far from the university. very close to the university of manchester and Manmet.
if you are interested call me on this line: 07411241182.
or call the accomodation team on this:0161 200 5560 (my room is open)i'm moving out now, if you want the room now, it is available any day, any time...come and view the place and you will love it.
Reply 31
Any more opinions on the place? I might live there for my final year.
Hows the internet, any problems with heating/water, rude staff, safety. Anything good you would highlight as well?
thanks
Reply 32
Hi all,
I thought it was time to have a more up to date review on this place since all the reviews are negative and I really can't see why. Maybe the place had some issues as it was first opened? I don't know. I moved in here at the beginning of September 2011 and everything has been great for me so far. The flats are clean and finished to a high standard as far a student accommodation goes. I have a double room here and it is very spacious and bright. There were a few things not working in the flat when I moved in but after reporting these to maintenance these issues were resolved within a day. I stayed in university accommodation in my first year, and I have to say that compared to that accommodation staying here is like a 5* joint lol. Obviously its not perfect, as no place ever is and as with all halls there is quite a bit of noise sometimes...but thats to be expected at all halls! Overall I think it's great value for money considering all bills and internet are included. The only issue I have at the moment is that the internet can be a bit slow at times, but generally its not to bad. I might try using a cable instead of the wireless and see if that speeds it up. Anyway, I hope this appeases some people next time they look here is they're staying at Victoria Point. I think the negative reviews were either being very very picky or the accommodation may have had some issues when it first opened. All the negative remarks above have been sorted out and as of yet I've got nothing to complain about really :smile:
Reply 33
Hey!
I may be moving in next year to victoria point and i have visited it. But the problem is that if I get a 4 bedroom flat then 1 of the rooms has a small window and i was wondering if anyone on here has had that small window and how was it staying in that room with the small window? Thanks
Reply 34
HIHI!

May I know are bills included in Victoria Point? and if they are, is internet included? Thanks
Reply 35
Original post by hhforever
HIHI!

May I know are bills included in Victoria Point? and if they are, is internet included? Thanks

Hey! yeah. All bills are included aswell as wifi internet :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by may16
Hey! yeah. All bills are included aswell as wifi internet :biggrin:

Woah thats good! Anybody have pictures of the room. Coz all I found on the net are the default photos that MCRstudent put up. I just want to know how it really looked like.
Reply 37
Woah thats good! Anybody have pictures of the room. Coz all I found on the net are the default photos that MCRstudent put up. I just want to know how it really looked like.

These pictures are from a couple of years ago (the first year it opened), so it probably looks a little scruffier now... Plus this is a 2 bedroom flat - the kitchen and bathroom are a little bigger in the ones with more rooms. But here are a few so you get an idea. The bedroom I had was absolutely huge by the way, I don't think all the big ones are quite that big... Oh and the zigzag bookcase & kitchen table were mine :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 38
:mad:
Original post by mimimimi
These pictures are from a couple of years ago (the first year it opened), so it probably looks a little scruffier now... Plus this is a 2 bedroom flat - the kitchen and bathroom are a little bigger in the ones with more rooms. But here are a few so you get an idea. The bedroom I had was absolutely huge by the way, I don't think all the big ones are quite that big... Oh and the zigzag bookcase & kitchen table were mine :smile:

Spoiler

It looks pretty decent though. Why do you discouraged for us not to go there then?
Reply 39
:mad:

It looks pretty decent though. Why do you discouraged for us not to go there then?

Yep, it was pretty decent. All brand new and that. That was actually the root of the problems the year I lived there though - nothing was finished when we first moved in. We had to pay for expensive internet and it only got installed 5 weeks after everyone moved in, there was no reception (unless you count a portakabin which nobody was ever in - getting parcels was a nightmare), there were builders everywhere, doors were always left open and it just didn't feel finished or safe in general.

I expect it's much different now the teething problems are over, though I expect it's also a lot more expensive (we paid £73 and £76 a week all inclusive when we lived there - for that money even with the problems it was a bargain)... Now I've seen what else you can get for your money in Manchester I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending