The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well for WJEC today, we weren't allowed our books at all.
Reply 21
People will have done a LOT worse this year than they did last year, trust me, I know everyone in our school suffered from not having the notes.
Reply 22
Please Be Lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Kinda Desperate To Get An A* Coz I'm Taking English Lit Next Year!!!!!!!!!!!
About the none anotated books. I think the whole point of doing a test is to know what the book / poems are about and I think it wouldn't really be a 'test' if you had your notes, so I think it is a good idea to disallow them...although, to me it seems really unfair for them to disallow them this year, when they were allowed last year. I know I f***ed mine up, I mean I didn't even have time to finish it (probably because I couldn't find any of te quotes and I was looking for ages :frown: ). So they should at least lower the boundries, if they don't I won't be happy :biggrin:
i think dat da nu thing wid no annotations is betta in a way as before it wasnt english skill it was how much ur teacher told u or how many revision books u had
Reply 25
lizzieD
Please Be Lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Kinda Desperate To Get An A* Coz I'm Taking English Lit Next Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically, you don't really (NEED) anything. If you can get onto the course with a B, universities (except for the top 2-3) will not decide upon GCSE's. These exams are basically for you, if your doing higher education, then you only need to get enough to get on the next course. It goes from there.
I didn't even realise annotations used to be allowed. It seems almost as crazy as allowing dictionaries in language exams. Well, I suppose if you work hard throughout the year and learn things you'll be okay. If people generally get lower marks then yes, the boundaries will go down. *prays*
Reply 27
Really, the notes aren't that much help. So I'd expect no major fall...
Reply 28
xxjayx
Just out of interest, do people here think the examining bodies will lower the grade boundaries as a result of them not permitting students to enter the exam with an annotated copy?

Quite funny, in my exam today, our teacher gave everyone a book with the poems on (supposedly clean and no annotations) however half of them were annotated and some idiot put their hand up and was like "these are annotated". The teachers realised they had made a mistake and opened up a fresh batch.

I think they won't lower the grade boundary. The student raised his hand, as he doesn't want to get disqualified, as having notes is cheating, and also it's against the rules because you are not allowed to have annotated copies. If an invigilator passed by seeing you have an annotated copy, you would be disqualified. :frown:

Latest