The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Seriously, that would be ridiculous if you do. I mean they would have to be extremeley picky if they did.

Maybe it has something to do with how they mark them, our teacher told us to write in the space provided on answer booklet as they are all scanned in apparently by exam board.
Reply 2
bowers
Ok the problem here is that I took the English AQA literature B exam today and forgot that correction pens were prohibited, and inadvertently used them. Do you think I will be consequently disqualified from the exam?

Thanks...

I doubt it. As long as it wasn't used excessively, then you shouldn't have a problem.

At least you won't make the same mistake again!

EDIT: if you're really worried, just mention it to your english teacher.
Reply 3
yeh they photocopy them nowadays to mark,but the marker prob woont care less as theyll have hundreds of scripts to mark, you might have only got dun if your school caught you.
Reply 4
they usually give out a warning to the school as part of a report. The next year in your schoo if someone does it they will be disqualified. If this has already happened in ur school, u may be disqualified, but i can't see that happening.
Reply 5
Ok this leads me into my second problem....some of my words talied off into the margin. Would this be a problem if they photocopy the papers?

Also, I am worried at the moment because using an ink eraser, usually means that the writing on other side of the page appears to be faded. Obviously if this happens, I am in trouble as the marker would be prevented from reading and thus marking my work.

Anyway thank you for all the responses!
Reply 6
i shared your problem with the correction pen today. when i was writing my name on the answer sheet, i wrote my surname in the name box (not a good start), rubbed it out and re-wrote in the details. the invigilators then made the annoncement that they were not allowed to use correction pens, so i felt very stupid as i put up my hand to inform the entire year that i'd done this already. my teacher said not to worry though. in future they will not be in my pencil case so i don't get tempted. i am now also a little worried about coming out of the answer boxes...
I wouldn't worry about it. I used lots of ink eraser in my stats gcse last year, and got worried about it afterwards, but it didn't seem to make any difference. :smile:
Reply 8
It don't matter. Just so long as they can read your writing, you should be fine.
Reply 9
Oh well, I knew you weren't allowed tippex, so I didn't bring that, but didn't know whether correction pens were allowed. I didn't bring one, but nothing was metioned in our exam.
I used them for my GCSEs and no one said anything. I can understand why tippex is banned, but not correction pens....:s-smilie:
Reply 11
bowers
Ok this leads me into my second problem....some of my words talied off into the margin. Would this be a problem if they photocopy the papers?

yes, it will not be seen by the examiner.
bowers
Ok the problem here is that I took the English AQA literature B exam today and forgot that correction pens were prohibited, and inadvertently used them. Do you think I will be consequently disqualified from the exam?

Thanks...

dont worry bout it there isnt a lot u can do now .... they r prob sent away already..... its will be ok :smile:
Reply 13
Jenni_Kitten
I used them for my GCSEs and no one said anything. I can understand why tippex is banned, but not correction pens....:s-smilie:

We were told it's so you don't erase something, leave it to dry and forget to rewrite it afterwards.

It should be OK. You might lose some SPAG marks, but that's about it really.
Reply 14
Don't worry, you won't get disqualified. I find it quite strange that they won't let you use it though. I remember for each examinations, we were suppose to draw a straight line to cross out mistakes in the writing. However, I didn't do that, I put loads of lines through the wrong words (i.e. 2 lines instead of 1). I didn't get disqualified.
Reply 15
I was told that correction pens weren't allowed because it's to make sure teachers don't put in the correct answer in for you =S!!
Reply 16
jody89
I was told that correction pens weren't allowed because it's to make sure teachers don't put in the correct answer in for you =S!!

They have invigilators there, and teacher can't cheat in anyway and stuff though. :s