The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BS = Bull **** :p:
Reply 2
They are probably on the same level. And that level isn't particularly hard.
Reply 3
leomango
Can you elaborate please!

Nothing but immaturity :biggrin: Just as I was reading your post I kept putting that phrase in by mistake and it made me lol. God I am sad!

I'm a law student so wouldn't have a clue either although it is something I would like to know as well.
Anything with the word "Studies" after it is an easy A Level.

General STUDIES
Media STUDIES
Business STUDIES

All easy and not looked highly upon by universities :yep:
sil3nt_cha0s
Anything with the word "Studies" after it is an easy A Level.

General STUDIES
Media STUDIES
Business STUDIES

All easy and not looked highly upon by universities :yep:

Not highly looked on? Those were the only three A-levels I did and Cambridge gave me an offer?
Reply 6
DaveParlour
Not highly looked on? Those were the only three A-levels I did and Cambridge gave me an offer?

For which course?
Reply 7
I think its because once you understand business studies it just becomes more of the same which is basically common sense to anyone and even an average achieving person can get an A in it if they understand the principles.
Economics is seen as harder because it is a more complex subject covering more aspects in comparison to business. In my opinion I think they should be seen as on par with eachother because even though business is quite easy it is by no means as easy as General and Media studies.
Venom123
For which course?

Economics. Daddy said that it would be a very good one to do?
DaveParlour

O really?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=18225479#post18225479

Aww I was only playing. Good effort to uncover me though. :smile:
Reply 11

and i would of gotten away with it, if it werent for those meddling kids:hmmm:
Reply 12
leomango
These respones are ok, I just would like specific examples examples in the difference between them in how economics is harder than BS. I remember when I was doing eco as the teacher said BS is harder as there are far more longer questions.

At A-Level, Economics is easy (though still harder than Business Studies). If you think Economics is always easy, look at a university textbook, even a first year one. Some of it can be hard.
Reply 13
Ah Sigh, Back to this debate again, more people slagging off the old Business Studies without having actually taken it.

Its not the easiest subject in the world, admittedly not the hardest either. It is more up front than economics and less maths based. It takes a more general view of the business/management stuff and how to deal with things rather than what caused it in the first place etc.
DaveParlour
Economics. Daddy said that it would be a very good one to do?

Too bad you need A Level Maths for that one mate.

But you were just owned by Revolution anyway :wink:
Reply 15
jamz0770
Its not the easiest subject in the world, admittedly not the hardest either. It is more up front than economics and less maths based. It takes a more general view of the business/management stuff and how to deal with things rather than what caused it in the first place etc.

I don't think economics A level is either maths-based or hard. Incidentally I'm pretty sure that, if you look at results, BS studies has one of the fewest 'A' grades given (I heard that anyway).

I would say that the content of BS seems more common sense, though I don't know how the questions are.

In any case they are almost completely different. It's similar to saying whether physics or chemistry, or english or history, is harder. They're different.

BS isn't regarded well, despite that, by unis
sil3nt_cha0s
Too bad you need A Level Maths for that one mate.

But you were just owned by Revolution anyway :wink:

My angle was Daddy paid my way in so such trivialities could be ignored.

It was hardly a great troll effort anyway. :shrugs:
have you seen the entry requirements for LSE to read Economics
Reply 18
i did both in a-level!
didnt enjoy economics
Janos_D
Incidentally I'm pretty sure that, if you look at results, BS studies has one of the fewest 'A' grades given (I heard that anyway).

That could well be due to the sort of people doing it though, as much as it could by its relative difficulty (for instance, Further Maths, which many would consider the hardest A Level, has the highest percentage of A grades given)

Latest

Trending

Trending