The Student Room Group

If you are half 1 nationality and half another, and there was.....

a war between them, what would you do. Im half spanish/english and live in britain. Im quite in touch with my spanish side, and can speak the language however ive always felt more english because of living here. But if they both went to war :eek: and i was in France at the time :eek: then i would probably...... stay there and chill and wait for the whole thing to brush over.

Saying that i figure france would probably be no mans land :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im 1/3 russian, 1/3 spanish and 1/3 english, but would opt for the spanish then russian and then english side.
Reply 2
I'd get the hell out. The place you're born is pure luck and you shouldn't be required to support that country. If England went to war, i'd be out in a flash.
Reply 3
Nothing. Anyway, I'm "more English" as I speak this language better and I've always lived here.

What are the odds of England being at war with Hungary? .... Again.

:ninja:
Reply 4
Haha it's very unlikely And if it happened I would go to the safest place, even if that place wasn't my home.
Erm , fight on the side of the place where you currently live/was born.
Gueirguiy
Im 1/3 russian, 1/3 spanish and 1/3 english, but would opt for the spanish then russian and then english side.

Waittt...how does 1/3 work?:confused: I thought you could only have 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc...
Reply 7
Gueirguiy

How can you be a third of something?

Are you inbred?
Reply 8
Marsha2112
Waittt...how does 1/3 work?:confused: I thought you could only have 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc...

I think im 1/3 :biggrin: , basically i was half russian, half spanish, but i also later took british nationalisation and became british citizen etc, so now i got 3 passports, 4 if you include the 2nd russian one.
Reply 9
I think we're gonna see Red Bull give you wings before England and Spain go to war in this day and age.
Reply 10
I'd get out of here go to South Africa, grab my family and drag them to a neutral country...
Reply 11
Maximum Velocity
Erm , fight on the side of the place where you currently live/was born.

In my case they differ...
ozmas12
a war between them, what would you do. Im half spanish/english and live in britain. Im quite in touch with my spanish side, and can speak the language however ive always felt more english because of living here. But if they both went to war :eek: and i was in France at the time :eek: then i would probably...... stay there and chill and wait for the whole thing to brush over.

Saying that i figure france would probably be no mans land :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:cool:

nationality is whatever country you're a citizen of (if you have dual citizenship then this doesn't apply). Ethnicity is your blood heritage.
Gueirguiy
I think im 1/3 :biggrin: , basically i was half russian, half spanish, but i also later took british nationalisation and became british citizen etc, so now i got 3 passports, 4 if you include the 2nd russian one.

Oh ok:smile: I'm kinda same actually, but 7/8 russian 1/8 spanish
I'm 1/2 English, 1/2 American, but in any war between the two, I would be on the English side, no doubt about it. I might not be happy living here, but I do love America, but it's not my home and it's not where my heart lies. My heart lies in England, always has, always will.
ashy
Nothing. Anyway, I'm "more English" as I speak this language better and I've always lived here.

What are the odds of England being at war with Hungary? .... Again.

:ninja:
For a third time?
To Switzerland!! :biggrin:

I'm half Welsh so it doesn't really count xD
I am half chinese and half african.
why would the chinese fight with the africans, lol?
Anyways...I'd side with.........I don't know actually. Either side, I suppose.
Reply 18
Marsha2112
Oh ok:smile: I'm kinda same actually, but 7/8 russian 1/8 spanish

Can i guess how this happend:

Communist fighter relative in spanish civil war fled to soviet union after the war, had russian wife, ended up here in england after soviet union collapsed and you were born!

Am i right or horribly wrong?
Reply 19
Are we talking about 'ethnicities' or nationalities? I'm a mix of more than four ethnicities, where would I **** off to?

Latest

Trending

Trending