The Student Room Group

The CIE results thread (A level, AS level, IGCSE, etc.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
sozzberry
My sister just got some results and I was wondering that for CIE results, they say they only give the result in alpha grades, not percentages, so if you don't get the grade you wanted, then do you have to retake every single AS exam paper again? You can't find out which you did worse in? That seems extremely unfair in comparison to other exam boards.

Our teachers can see the grades we got on each paper, but CIE doesn't tell us the UMS scores like other exam boards do. I'm not sure if you can retake only one paper though, nobody in my school did that yet, they just retook all the papers. I guess it should be possible, though.
Reply 61
Andreoudin
Hello.. I have an enquiry...
I did A2 Computing but I saw the results in the Internet but on the centre's website that it does not have analytical results..
It tells me I got a B but I don't know if the B exists only for the A2 level or for the whole A'LEVEL...

Does anybody know so that he can help me??

I'm pretty sure it's for the whole A level, but you could still ask whoever deals with CIE at your school, I guess.
Reply 62
I got an A for CIE Psychology :smile:
Reply 63
lisa32
I got an A for CIE Psychology :smile:

Congratulations :yep: A level or AS?
[QUOTE=elaine:)[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]]hi! im soo glad i foudn this thread... please read!

basically, i worked my ass off for my cie coordinated science exam, because the results were worth double (double award). In the end, i got double A when everyone else who studied the night before got double A*'s. I was soo distraught as I had focused all my effort on this stupid science exam (over 300 pages of notes and i had gone through 22 science revision guides) and was so intent on achieving that A*.

Today, I went to the science department in my school to ask for my raw marks to see if it would help to get a remark. THEN i saw that I had actually achieved A's in all three of my components, which should, under normal circumstances result to an double A*'s!! Teachers in the department all found it quite strange, but still advised me NOT to get a remark?!

WHY!? i dont understand!? I SHOULD have gotten that double a*! and to know that either i missed it by like 0.5% or the exam board actually added up my total up wrong and resulted in a DOUBLE A rather than DOUBLE A*

Ive spoken to my examinations officer and she said that in her 3 years of being one, she had never ever seen a cie grade change, which worries me to no end. Tomorrow, i get the rest of my gcse results (6 of them) which i know that i have failed because of my focus on science.

Does anyone have any advice? Did the exam board make a mistake? Should I have gotten a*? Has anyone had a mark changed by cie? Or am i just being retarded

please please reply...im dying of anxiety

OUCH!
Reply 65
[QUOTE=elaine:)[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]]hi! im soo glad i foudn this thread... please read!

basically, i worked my ass off for my cie coordinated science exam, because the results were worth double (double award). In the end, i got double A when everyone else who studied the night before got double A*'s. I was soo distraught as I had focused all my effort on this stupid science exam (over 300 pages of notes and i had gone through 22 science revision guides) and was so intent on achieving that A*.

Today, I went to the science department in my school to ask for my raw marks to see if it would help to get a remark. THEN i saw that I had actually achieved A's in all three of my components, which should, under normal circumstances result to an double A*'s!! Teachers in the department all found it quite strange, but still advised me NOT to get a remark?!

WHY!? i dont understand!? I SHOULD have gotten that double a*! and to know that either i missed it by like 0.5% or the exam board actually added up my total up wrong and resulted in a DOUBLE A rather than DOUBLE A*

Ive spoken to my examinations officer and she said that in her 3 years of being one, she had never ever seen a cie grade change, which worries me to no end. Tomorrow, i get the rest of my gcse results (6 of them) which i know that i have failed because of my focus on science.

Does anyone have any advice? Did the exam board make a mistake? Should I have gotten a*? Has anyone had a mark changed by cie? Or am i just being retarded

please please reply...im dying of anxiety

I'VE always done CIE and i've just finished my A-level this year with 3 A's in (chemistry, physics and maths).I would like to tell you that i know a student in our school who had a remark in his IGCSE IT and the grade was changed from B to A*, but i would like to tell you that getting A's in each of your components doesn't necessarily result in an A*, because there are grade boundaries for each paper which provides you with a minimum requirement for a particular grade and a weighting as well. For example a subject might have the following boundaries for an A:
paper 1: 50/70 (this paper makes up 50% of the subject)
paper 2: 60/75 (this paper makes up 30% of the subject)
paper 3: 75/100 (this paper makes up 20% of the subject)
For example you got the following grades

paper 1: 55/70 (low A)
paper 2: 65/75 (low A)
paper 3: 93/100 (high A)

Yor overall result will not be an A*, because you got LOW A's and the the High one wil not help you because the weighting of that paper is too smal(20% of the subject).So getting A's in all components might not result in an A.My advice to you is to not have the paper remarked because CIE rarely makes a mistake as your paper is marked several times, and IGCSE's are not as important as A-level's and an A in IGCSE is considered to be good by most universities, so congrats for your grade and put much more effort in your A-level's and don't go for a remark as your grade might go down as well.
Reply 66
A-Level :smile:...the paper was crazy hard this year for the AS part of it
Mangaartist
Congratulations :yep: A level or AS?
Reply 67
No percentages this year! ARGH!
Any resources?
Reply 69
AS ict cie practical 9713

anyone doing it this week? help
Reply 70
Original post by peanutbutternjelly
English Literature. My other two (History and Maths) are Edexcel. You?

heyy..
please, need your help
could you share any notes or resources for the cie course..? :redface:
ive screwed my AS and since im self-studying i'm on my way to do the same for A2..
Reply 71
I got E in AS Applied ICT and my as results become AAE wtf?? :s-smilie:

I was expecting A or B :s-smilie: how can it possible?

Do you guys think this grade change if I send an enquiry to recheck my paper? :s-smilie:(remarking)
Original post by lisa32
A-Level :smile:...the paper was crazy hard this year for the AS part of it

Congratulations! I just got my AS results for cie psychology and I got 78 which means I missed an A by only 2 marks. Do you think I should send my paper for re-checking?
Congratulations! For CIE psychology AS levels, I got a B but my mark was 78 which is two marks less than an A. Should I send my paper for re-checking?
Reply 74
Hey. I got my IGCSE results recently. I got 5A*s, 4 As and a C in Art. I worked really hard for both English and Literature and was predicted high A*s however I got 84, which is just an A, in both whereas everyone else who I was better at in English got A*s. I did find the exams quite difficult however I did not expect such low UMS grades because this means I only got 60s in real. What can I do? Is it possible to get a copy of the papers so I can see if I need a remark or could the exam board have made a mistake?
Furthermore, I am so bothered by these As because I want to pursue a career in English. I also want to mention that I consistently used to top my year in English and Literature hence these results are doubly disappointing.
Any replies will be very useful. Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 75
How long do igcse cie remarks take?
I'm getting both my history papers marked because I was 1 mark short of an A*
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey all,

I know this is slightly off topic but is anyone taking/has anyone taken the CIE English literature A-level?

Quick Reply

Latest