The Student Room Group

Reform: Secretary General as Mediator

Article 1
During situations of international or civil conflict the Secretary General may act as a mediator and propose solutions in order to achieve a peaceful solution.
Article 2
The Secretary General should not show unreasonable bias to any party and should always support peaceful resolution to the conflict.
Article 3
The Secretary General may call for national representatives to act against a belligerent nation only if it is deemed to be essential or desirable for an eventual peaceful resolution and is the general will of the MUN.

A Reform based on allowing the Secretary General to act as a mediator in various conflict situations (just cause I really want to help in this
Korean HYP :wink: ).

Taking the Korean HYP as an example, if this really happened, Good Ol' Ban Ki-Moon would be jetting off to Tokyo, Paris, Washington, Beijing and trying to get in touch with Pyongyang in order to solve the situation. He'd be sending delegates to Vienna and the Hauge.

I've tried to get this to be as neutral as possible while still allowing the Sec. Gen. to try and help reps come to a solution.

What do you think? Couple of days of debate followed by a vote for ~4 days.
I'm for this. Let's get it through quickly so you can help in the Korean HYP - it could just end the deadlock.
Reply 2
In light of recent events, I may as well put this to the vote tonight and over the weekend. I have to, in good faith, leave it for a reasonable amount of time.
Reply 3
I see no reason why not :smile:
Reply 4
I wish I thought of this :doh:
Good idea.
Reply 6
I'm in favour.
Okie dokie
I have forgotten what I voted for.
Reply 9
Thanks for passing this guys :smile:

I look forward to attempting to mediate in these debates.

Crag - Sure it just shows I'm more of a dissatisfied SG than you :wink:

Latest