The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
To be honest, most people I know fit the stereotype.
Reply 21
Haeron
You're saying it's not the hoodies that you know (because you think that would be superficial, and you're correct) but rather the number of young people you've met. There is very little difference, and whether or not it's a wide range that you've met is entirely subjective.

Nope, i was not using hoodies as a synonym for young people. I was just saying i thought that what people where, look like is not adequate criteria for judging a young person as ''bad''. I was however, basing my OP on the ATTITUDES of the people i knew.....i only added the hoody comment as a qualification in case people accused me of judging people based on what they wore...as many old people do
i don't drink and im not disrespectful , so I must be the exception
Reply 23
PAPAdawg
Nope, i was not using hoodies as a synonym for young people. I was just saying i thought that what people where, look like is not adequate criteria for judging a young person as ''bad''. I was however, basing my OP on the ATTITUDES of the people i knew.....i only added the hoody comment as a qualification in case people accused me of judging people based on what they wore...as many old people do

Ah right; given the prevalence of the term 'hoodie' (even by David Cameron) being used just as a generalization for young people, this is how it came across to me. My point can't stand, so I apologize.

I still disagree though :woo:
Reply 24
Haeron
Exactly; it's not our problem, it's the media's! :mad:

well, we've all got problems too that we each need to fix...no doubtin' that! :smile:
I agree, actually. For everyone saying 'AHA I'M NOT', we make about 10%. Everyone in my school (good grammar) drinks, loads of them smoke, they're complete tarts, go on drugs and are generally rowdy. This is in every school I know, whether dodgy or even single sex private schools. Ok, 'hoodies' stabbing people are a small minority but I have met only a handful of people with productive interests who have actual hobbies and don't follow their friends/get pissed all the time/sit on Facwbook and get into trouble.

Latest

Trending

Trending