Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
becca__boo
psychology, im guessin from ur sig ur doin international relations!? lol

Maybe. :biggrin:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
If you want to enjoy your time there, and get to know your neighbours, then it's East Slope. There simply isn't that feeling of community anywhere else, plus it's the cheapest.

If you're going to be in your room a lot and you're not a social person, then Lewes Court is nice. Personally, the place feels like a bit of a prison to me, the parties there always seem a bit subdued and there's not enough greenery.

Brighthelm would be my second choice, because it's so close to East Slope and you can get to know people in the houses surrounding you...You've also got a washing machine, which is such a luxury...You'll see why next year. Plus you have the balconies, which even us Slopers were jealous of!
oh no! i was gonna put lewes court phase 2 cos it seemed nicer what wiv the ensuite and broadband...but is it really that unsociable?? surely it just depends on the people-or does lewes court atract unsociable people? and if u have friends in other housing you can hang out there? have you guys actually lived in lewes court or is it just what you have heard? aaah now i dony know where to choose!!!
becca__boo
psychology, im guessin from ur sig ur doin international relations!? lol

yay im doin psych at sussex too! (well if i get the grades! - you know its ABB, well do u reckon u can still get in wiv AAC cos its same points?)
^

They'll let you in with AAC, they'll probably let you in with BBB. In fact I know someone who is doing it and they got BCC.
oh thank god! i hope they do, cos i just got told im boderline in my art and it all depends on where they put the boundries this year so i prob wont get and A in that afterall! i was so sure I'd get AAB a few months ago and now im seriously thinking it may end up BBC!!
appleshampoo
oh no! i was gonna put lewes court phase 2 cos it seemed nicer what wiv the ensuite and broadband...but is it really that unsociable?? surely it just depends on the people-or does lewes court atract unsociable people? and if u have friends in other housing you can hang out there? have you guys actually lived in lewes court or is it just what you have heard? aaah now i dony know where to choose!!!

I put Lewes Court 2 as my first choice & I'm sociable :biggrin:

Check Kate19's post on the last page -
each hall is as good as you make it, really.
crazydaveuk
I put Lewes Court 2 as my first choice & I'm sociable :biggrin:

Check Kate19's post on the last page -
each hall is as good as you make it, really.

Yep, I put LC phase 2 as my first choice and i'm really sociable... you might notice that those insulting LCP2 never actually lived there so don't actually know what it's like....
^ Lived in Phase 2 for a week. Moved.
Elementalism

Haha, fair enough...well I'll see what I end up with...hopefully not Park Village...deffo my last choice.
Reply 30
Elementalism

how come?

I still hope i get into lewes court. It's what you make of it anyway - if you make the effort to get out and meet lots of people and be sociable then you'll have a great time. But i would like broadband as well as friends :rolleyes:

Also, current first years, when did you find out about your accommodation? i'm on my gap year like ilovemonkeys, and at first they said we'd find out sooner, but now it sounds like we'll just find out in august/september with people applying this year.

i just ask because i have a few friends on gap years at other unis who said the same - they'd find out in august - but have already been sent details of which halls they've got!
allisandro
how come?

I still hope i get into lewes court. It's what you make of it anyway - if you make the effort to get out and meet lots of people and be sociable then you'll have a great time. But i would like broadband as well as friends :rolleyes:

Also, current first years, when did you find out about your accommodation? i'm on my gap year like ilovemonkeys, and at first they said we'd find out sooner, but now it sounds like we'll just find out in august/september with people applying this year.

i just ask because i have a few friends on gap years at other unis who said the same - they'd find out in august - but have already been sent details of which halls they've got!

I think I read on the website that those with unconditionals with find out first...in late July/early August. Hopefully anyway :smile:
allisandro
how come?

The whole place felt crappy, hardly anyone knew their neighbours and it was kinda 'out of it'. There's hardly ever any parties there anyway, and when there is parties they get closed down very, very quickly.

I got out and made friends in East Slope, put in for a transfer and was gone the night before the Freshers' Ball.
Reply 33
ilovemonkeys
I think I read on the website that those with unconditionals with find out first...in late July/early August. Hopefully anyway :smile:

i hope so! fingers crossed!
Elementalism
I got out and made friends in East Slope, put in for a transfer and was gone the night before the Freshers' Ball.

Well as long as that option's there I don't think any of us need worry about making the wrong decision... :p:

Who knows, maybe we'll feel differently about it anyway. East Slope parties might seem OTT and kinda squalid!
Imagine realising you're the only sober one and you can't get all from the lads, ladettes, and music you hate!
Personally there's a thin line between sociable / fun and a bit intrusive...

Diversity is the key, is all I'm saying. :wink:
If anyone wants any info about Sussex/Brighton, feel free to PM me, I live near Brighton so if you have any questions about anything just ask :smile:
Reply 36
Hey I applied for Lewis Court Phase 2 as well because I want ensuite and broadband, am sure will make friends.

Latest

Trending

Trending