The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think its the most used topic in Great Britain. The british love to talk about the weather, and i think its a good way to start a conversation with somebody if you cant think of anything else!
Reply 2
What about queing? Thats surely high on the agenda.
FlyingHigh1991
i think its the most used topic in Great Britain. The british love to talk about the weather, and i think its a good way to start a conversation with somebody if you cant think of anything else!

How many flying hours have you got ?
Reply 4
FlyingHigh1991

That's a good point! Come to think of it, that is why i usually talk about it :wink:
Lizzness
That's a good point! Come to think of it, that is why i usually talk about it :wink:

Why hello Elisabeth , it's sunny today , just how I like it , how do you like it :wink:
Reply 6
It is something that people always have in common (you don't live near somebody without having the same weather...), it gives people a chance to complain (everybody loves to complain), it makes it easy to divert the conversation (from weather, you can easily go to golf or football or agriculture or whatever makes you happy).
I dunno, but you're doing it now :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Edit: blah
Reply 9
cornford4
What about queing? Thats surely high on the agenda.

That's not high on the agenda of converastion topics though, you ain't just gonna walk up to someone and say "what about those ques at Tesco eh? Massive inni", queing is more of a thing that British people are known to moan about.

And yeah we all talk about the weather, except me, if someone starts talking about the weather I reverse it on itself and say summet like, yeah probably will rain, and drown us all LOLOLOLOL (yes I actually say LOL)
Reply 10
I only talk about the weather when the converstation has hit rock bottom.
Reply 11
Antimatter
I dunno, but you're doing it now :s-smilie:

I just realised :biggrin:
Maximum Velocity
How many flying hours have you got ?

40 hours dude in a PA-28-140 Cherokee
Reply 13
zKlown
That's not high on the agenda of converastion topics though, you ain't just gonna walk up to someone and say "what about those ques at Tesco eh? Massive inni", queing is more of a thing that British people are known to moan about.

And yeah we all talk about the weather, except me, if someone starts talking about the weather I reverse it on itself and say summet like, yeah probably will rain, and drown us all LOLOLOLOL (yes I actually say LOL)

There was a time when i did this too, it was quite fun but no one else thought so.
Reply 14
zKlown

Yeah your right not really something we talk about :shot:

Football then.:biggrin:
Lizzness

lol and me, especially when awkward silences arise!
So, about that controversy in Iran...
Reply 17
Lizzness
There was a time when i did this too, it was quite fun but no one else thought so.

It is funny if you blatantly do it for a laugh but if you actually walk around saying LOL then you are a bit of a loser.
FlyingHigh1991
40 hours dude in a PA-28-140 Cherokee

Nice. Haven't got the money to do my PPL yet , however I've aquired five flying hours. two in a C152 and the other three in a GROB Tutor :biggrin:.

Good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 19
Conspiracy tbh

Latest

Trending

Trending