Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tom Clancy

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone read any of his stuff? I've read a few of his, I think they are either very good, or quite boring. For example i found Patriot Games and Red Storm Rising (very long) really good, but I thought Shadow Watch was quite boring. Opinions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've read a few. Patriot Games is excellent, and executive Orders is pretty good. I started Bear and the Dragon but didn't finish it for some reason I can't think of, though I was liking it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm about 150 pages into Bear and the Dragon, can't say much has happened.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best book Clancy done was Clear & Present Danger. About two thirds of his output is okay, but the last good book he did IMO was Rainbow Six. I found his books from The Bear & The Dragon onwards to be boring drivel, with an increasingly high percentage of jingoism. Red Rabbit was one of the worst books I've read
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am a bit bored with The Bear & The Dragon, the only interesting that happened was in the prologue!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, you've got around another 650 pages of very much, I'm afraid to say
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh excellent :/ .
Updated: May 28, 2005
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered books, literature & poetry threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.