The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Its a specialty in psychology so you'll probably only find it at masters/phd level. You'd be better doing a psychology accrediated degree first.
Reply 2
Yeah thats what i'll probably do then, then do neuropsych after :smile:. Thanks
Reply 3
Markus505
Yeah thats what i'll probably do then, then do neuropsych after :smile:. Thanks

You will find that you can choose cognitie and some biology modules that deal with neuroscience whilst at uni. Good luck with it all x :smile:
Markus505
Do any universities offer neuropsychology at a BSc (hons) instead of a PHd or masters? I have done some research and have fonud that most unis only offer it at PHD
Well I know that they include neuropsychology courses in most psych degrees here at the ANU... but I'm in Australia :redface: So prolly not much help lol, but anyways I know someone on here living in the UK that studies neuro as PART of his degree, but his is more medical science :confused:
Reply 5
Markus505
Do any universities offer neuropsychology at a BSc (hons) instead of a PHd or masters? I have done some research and have fonud that most unis only offer it at PHD

At Notts they offer psychology with cognitive neuroscience, which is basically a psych degree concentrating on neuroscience (which I know is slightly different from neuropsych, but the modules include neuropsych ones).
Reply 6
yep there are about 6 universities that offer psychology with/and neuroscience, check out the ucas website: www.ucas.co.uk, course search for them.
Reply 7
Nottingham offers Neuroscience at BSc and undergraduate Masters, MSci :smile: I'm in for the MSci course there (not there yet - but will be come Sep!) - they highly recommend people take Psychology modules as their optional modules for the Neurosci course. My sister is studying Neuroscience and Psychology ay Aberdeen University. I think Liverpool does Neuroscience and Psychology too, UG.

Your best bet would be a Neuroscience and Psychology course - there is quite a few I think. I believe Sheffield does Neuroscience? Not sure cus I never applied there - I only applied to 1 Neuroscience course anyway cus I was never sure what I wanted to do.

I think with all Neuroscience course the likelihood is they would combine some Psychology with it anyway - like Notts does, but it's optional.
Reply 8
.NK
At Notts they offer psychology with cognitive neuroscience, which is basically a psych degree concentrating on neuroscience (which I know is slightly different from neuropsych, but the modules include neuropsych ones).

I was of the understanding that Cognitive Neuroscience was the American term for Neuropsychology...

Anyway, Bristol do a 1 year Neuropsych MSc course, but you have to have completed a decent psych degree first. Speaking to a few lecturers, it appears that unless your psych degree didn't cover any neuro stuff, it's not worth doing at all - very expensive, and won't tell you much you don't already know (especially if you did your degree at Bristol).

Latest

Trending

Trending