The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey I just took them too!

Yeah I thought the readings were *way* easier than the ones on the practice papers (apart from the fill in the blanks one which I always find quite difficult for some reason :redface: ). The Cloze test seemed ok to me, not sure what my resume was like though.. problem is, not knowing the right answers, am not sure how I did... :frown: what did you get for some of them/
Reply 2
*Bethany*
Hey I just took them too!

Yeah I thought the readings were *way* easier than the ones on the practice papers (apart from the fill in the blanks one which I always find quite difficult for some reason :redface: ). The Cloze test seemed ok to me, not sure what my resume was like though.. problem is, not knowing the right answers, am not sure how I did... :frown: what did you get for some of them/

Lol I was so happy that I had finished AS French that I've forgotten all the questions. Maybe if you tell me a few questions that you remember they may back to me.
tkane
Lol I was so happy that I had finished AS French that I've forgotten all the questions. Maybe if you tell me a few questions that you remember they may back to me.

hehe kinda the same here actually :smile: such a relief to get it over with as it's by far my hardest subject.

Anyways

Hm... What did you put for your Reaction, out of interest? and which points did you choose to include in your summary Resume thing? The readings really did seem quite easy but have no idea how I actually did :confused:
Reply 4
Are you talking about the reaction to the architect's idea or something else?
For the translating bit, I tried to include as much info as possible but I just didn't understand some words! I managed to include all the main points though...the only one that comes to me is in the beginning: these kind of trips are just as useful for the students as for the teachers.
Reply 5
By the way the article about sounds is the wierdest piece of French writing I have ever read :confused:
Reply 6
I thought the listening, reading and writing paper was harder than 2653 - the first and last listening exercises weren't bad though. Yeah, the fill in the blanks was damn hard, my teacher let us go over the paper after we sat it and it turns out I screwed up half of it :frown: Im pretty sure I got an A in 2653, I just need to get an A in 2652.
I found 2652 really hard but then felt like 2653 was way too easy. It was the world of work questions that got me, the translation and the letter, with all the stuff about bikes there was quite a lot of vocab I didn't understand. And I agree that there were several really strange articles- the one about sounds, lifts for cars in flats?
Reply 8
PinkPigeon
I found 2652 really hard but then felt like 2653 was way too easy. It was the world of work questions that got me, the translation and the letter, with all the stuff about bikes there was quite a lot of vocab I didn't understand. And I agree that there were several really strange articles- the one about sounds, lifts for cars in flats?

Lol when I first read the article about parking your car in your flat I thought I was insane, but then I kept reading it and there was no other meaning!
But what kind of idea is that?!?! Parking your car in your kitchen when you live in a flat!!
yeah they were totally insane!! me too - i kept re-reading it I was absolutely convinced I'd misread it somehow or other - craziness. Wish we'd gone through the paper - I *really* want to know how I did but I'll have to wait 2 months to know :frown: (like everyone else i guess :wink:)

Tidasquall: can you remember any of the answers, as you've been through the paper?? :smile:
i found the listening about cooking rele hard for some reason, it looked so simple and i understood most of the recording but i just couldnt work out what things weren't mentioned cos sometimes they sed them but not rele correctly for me to tick true or false - if that makes sense? i got three or four pas mentionne which i thought was quite a bit too many but u neva kno i thought the translation wasn't too bad cos ive done so many and kinda just tried to work out words in context if i didnt kno them. neway jst gotta forget about it and got on with the next one!
Reply 11
I thought the papers were relatively easy.

The only thing I had a problem was with the word count on 2653, I was nudging 300 almost at one pont, but managed to condense it a bit and rewrite it on separate sheets, abotu 240 wds in the end.
cksjohns
I thought the papers were relatively easy.

The only thing I had a problem was with the word count on 2653, I was nudging 300 almost at one pont, but managed to condense it a bit and rewrite it on separate sheets, abotu 240 wds in the end.

omg there was a word count??????????? sh*t my teacher said they'd stopped doing that, I must not have noticed it :confused: just another reason I'm screwed :bawling: I *really* wanted an A in that goddamn subject :frown:
Reply 13
*Bethany*
omg there was a word count??????????? sh*t my teacher said they'd stopped doing that, I must not have noticed it :confused: just another reason I'm screwed :bawling: I *really* wanted an A in that goddamn subject :frown:

Don't worry the boundaries are pretty low :smile:

Btw was there part to a question in the listening paper where you had to write down a telephone number? I remeber doing that part in every past paper I've done so I'm starting to get worried that I might have missed it :frown:
I thought the Listening one was pretty hard compared to the ones we did in class ... the reading and writing one was easy though ...

****ing hate Business Letters! :frown:
tkane

Btw was there part to a question in the listening paper where you had to write down a telephone number? I remeber doing that part in every past paper I've done so I'm starting to get worried that I might have missed it :frown:

No there wasn't unfortunatley- would have been an easy mark and in those papers, every little helps!
Reply 16
*Bethany*

It said

"Recommended Total: 200 words"

which is not as strict as

"You should write between 100 and 150 words"
or
"You should not exceed 200 words"

I don't think too many / any marks will be lost in that way, esp as its only the second time theyve put a word count on 2653
cksjohns
It said

"Recommended Total: 200 words"

which is not as strict as

"You should write between 100 and 150 words"
or
"You should not exceed 200 words"

I don't think too many / any marks will be lost in that way, esp as its only the second time theyve put a word count on 2653

God, did it say that on the paper? Whoops...don't know how many words I wrote at all... :eek:
tkane

no don't worry there wasn't :smile: I thought that too!! Every single practice paper had a phone number :confused: Cuh, twas an easy mark they should've put it in!

Re grad boundaries being low - I thought you had to have 80% for an A? I think that's quite tough! For me anyway :frown: Does this alter at all with the UMS conversion? I really don't think I got the A though goddammit

Oh thanks cksjohns :smile: oh well if it's just "recommended" that's not so bad I guess! Mine was quite a lot over though, I think...
Reply 19
Yeah, I forgot all about the word count, but I dont think I went overboard anyway. I can try to post the answers if I can remember them- for the fill in the blanks these were the words, knowing me though, I've probably forgotten a few, but here they are, not in any order: ecoute, entend, elegants, etudes, achats, outils, heureux. crap, cant remember the rest, I think I got 6/10 on that exercise. (If you want the answers for other questions just ask, I dont think I'll remember all of them though). Anyway, yeah, Im sure the boundary is 80% for an A, unfortunately in the past papers I've been getting around 75% :frown: Hopefully the boundary for 2652 is lower because it was pretty tough. BTW, I thought the business letter was pretty hard, but the listening thing about the work placements was no where near as hard as some of the past papers we did.

Latest

Trending

Trending