The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Davy-Jones
I wonder why physics is dominated by male students, is it because men are capable, or because women are incapable :rolleyes:

I don't think it has anything to do with capability, lol. It's just that women tend to like social/creative subjects, like art, english, psychology etc. Whereas men usually prefer analysing and problem-solving, so more of them choose Physics/Maths/Computing.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Jenkz
hey, hopefully if my results are good! I'll be doing physics in Oct :smile:

Best of luck. Hope to see you there! :smile:

I did my A levels last year, it's so good not to have upcoming results to worry about..:biggrin:
Reply 22
lykastar
I don't think it has anything to do with capability, lol. It's just that women tend to like social/creative subjects, like art, english, psychology etc. Whereas men usually prefer analysing and problem-solving, so more of them choose Physics/Maths/Computing.

LOL yeah spot on. I was just messing around, trying to get a reaction out of the one or two girls that would view this thread. Unfortunately your reply was too polite, I was expecting a rant :sigh:
Reply 23
You guys just think you're IT!!! For your information girls always outperform boys in every subject at school, and more of us make it to uni each year! We're just as good as you, if not a hell of a lot better! So don't shove your sexist views down my throat!!! *growls*

I suppose this will be a more satisfactory response :smile:
Reply 24
lykastar
You guys just think you're IT!!! For your information girls always outperform boys in every subject at school, and more of us make it to uni each year! We're just as good as you, if not a hell of a lot better! So don't shove your sexist views down my throat!!! *growls*

I suppose this will be a more satisfactory response :smile:

I agree! I'm planning to do physics too :smile:
Reply 25
brecken
I agree! I'm planning to do physics too :smile:

Girls rule, we'll show 'em! :biggrin:
Reply 26
:rolleyes:
Reply 27
lykastar
I'm told Imperial overall has relatively less female students, and Physics being a male-dominated subject anyway, I'm hoping I'm not the only one...

go for it sister!
Reply 28
blip
go for it sister!

Thank you, I will. :yes:
Reply 29
lykastar
Girls rule, we'll show 'em! :biggrin:

You said it! lol, guess i'll be seeing lots of you then? See you at fresher's also?
Reply 30
This is an amusing spectacle. Can you imagine the same conversation taking place between a group of guys? (obviously with the relevant words replaced) Girl power :biggrin:
Reply 31
brecken
You said it! lol, guess i'll be seeing lots of you then? See you at fresher's also?

Sure thing, we should meet up and start a feminist society, lol!
Reply 32
Pulkpull
This is an amusing spectacle. Can you imagine the same conversation taking place between a group of guys? (obviously with the relevant words replaced) Girl power :biggrin:

Nope, can't imagine guys having meaningful conversations :p:
Reply 33
lykastar
Nope, can't imagine guys having meaningful conversations :p:

Jesus, you call this meaningful? I feel so sorry for you :p:
Reply 34
Pulkpull
Jesus, you call this meaningful? I feel so sorry for you :p:

Of course it's meaningful, it shows girls have ambition! :yes:

:biggrin:
Reply 35
Jesus Christ, women thinking they can be as good as men. :rolleyes:
Reply 36
HCD
Jesus Christ, women thinking they can be as good as men. :rolleyes:

I would appeal to Jesus too, if I (were Christian and) heard women wanted to be as good as men. One should seek self-improvement, after all. Not the opposite! :p:
Reply 37
lykastar
I would appeal to Jesus too, if I (were Christian and) heard women wanted to be as good as men. One should seek self-improvement, after all. Not the opposite! :p:

:pierre:

If you're at Imperial next year I'm going to hunt you down and rain misogyny down upon you relentlessly. Just ask "Pulkpull" (who, incidentally, is my Physics lab partner at Imperial) about Susan. :awesome:
Reply 38
HCD
:pierre:

If you're at Imperial next year I'm going to hunt you down and rain misogyny down upon you relentlessly. Just ask "Pulkpull" (who, incidentally, is my Physics lab partner at Imperial) about Susan. :awesome:

Oh, who is Susan?

It seems to moi that the male Physics students of Imperial College London are in desperate need of having some respect for the fairer and greater sex instilled into their minds.

I therefore see it as my noble duty to right all the wrongs and guide these misguided souls so that they may be Saved.

I have an unconditional offer so I shall be at Imperial next year unless I die. And even if that happens, I shall return to haunt you all until you promise to kiss the ground us females walk upon!

Be afraid, be veeeeeery afraid....

:biggrin:
Reply 39
lykastar
Oh, who is Susan?

It seems to moi that the male Physics students of Imperial College London are in desperate need of having some respect for the fairer and greater sex instilled into their minds.

This is why women will never be as good as men. :pierre: Susan is a girl to whom myself and Pulkpull (mostly me) are incredibly sexist. :pierre:

Latest

Trending

Trending