The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Simplicity
I was under the impression that girls and boys had different flats and so wouldn't mix anyway. Hence you gettting a all girls flat.

Was your friend a boy or girl?

I don't mine cleaning up. But, I would hate cleaning up after other people.

Can't you complain or something if that happens?

P.S. I will go bank monday and try and get it sorted.

There are some mixed flats. My friend was a boy, living in an all-boy flat. But yeah, you can complain (and create an alliance with the cleaning ladies and they'll complain for you as well :colone:)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Ok... I'm in Dilworth too, 2nd floor, flat 24... Anybody near me?
MischiefMaker
Ok... I'm in Dilworth too, 2nd floor, flat 24, room 190... Anybody near me?

DI.02.15.122 here :rolleyes: So we are pretty close :wink:
She_Bittersweet

Yay see you there!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbODkK9vcE

I hope to god that the room I got isn't like this. That would be the worst thing ever. Although, the person is a bit untidy and maybe if you painted it would look better. But, lol that looks awful.
Anatheme
Thorncliffe, first floor, flat 23 and room E for you :smile:

House, ot dept.
Aberdeen House, ground floor, flat 4, room 28, indeed. I advise you use the Thorncliffe entrance, it's the quickest way to your flat. And yeah, only boys get the ground floor, it's too dangerous for the ladies, innit. And erm, you may have the cleaning problem, 'cause you're gonna live with boys only :s-smilie:

Looks like I dodge a bullet. As I hearing bad things about Accomb house like it being crap.

Is Aberdeen House really crap? I wonder where I can get photos of it.

Thats got me worried. I'm going to end up living in a crappy place. :mad:
Reply 46
Simplicity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbODkK9vcE

I hope to god that the room I got isn't like this. That would be the worst thing ever. Although, the person is a bit untidy and maybe if you painted it would look better. But, lol that looks awful.

:eek3: :eek3:
It looks like a jail and it's tiny!
Reply 47
You may get this, tbh:

hanny_x
:eek3: :eek3:
It looks like a jail and it's tiny!

Yeah, I think thats Accomb. About the jail comment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bFRwvwFm8&feature=related

I hope Aberdean House is nothing like Accomb.
Reply 49
She_Bittersweet

I think it's you that I just added to the MESS group :gah:
Reply 50
Simplicity
Yeah, I think thats Accomb. About the jail comment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bFRwvwFm8&feature=related

I hope Aberdean House is nothing like Accomb.

The pics I posted have been taken in Aberdeen House.
Anatheme
You may get this, tbh:

What is that picture of a room of Aberdean House.

I was wondering, is AB like AC? or do only PG get AC. As yeah, looking at it I would rather reject accommodation then go to accomb.

How did you find pics?
Reply 52
Simplicity
What is that picture of a room of Aberdean House.

I was wondering, is AB like AC? or do only PG get AC. As yeah, looking at it I would rather reject accommodation then go to accomb.

How did you find pics?

AberdeEn. Only PG get Ac, I think. The pics are mine

Ok, some more pics:

Views from my old room (AB.01.23.182)

Tbh, don't worry too much about how crappy it looks, after all, you'll only live there for a year and you'll love how close to your depts it is.

And because linguists are the best, they have the prettiest dept:

Reply 53
I just got my accomodation email through and it looks like I did not get any of choices ;_; ... Instead I'm stuck in the cheapest possible accomodation without even a washbasin (Two of my options were ensuite).
Also the images I saw of Whitworth make me quite scared about the quality of living space... I'm the kind of person who spends a lot of time in their room.
So can anyone tell me more about the place I was allocated;

DI.02.18.145

I am having nightmares about being in a tiny box room with no space to even walk on the floor, I really do not like small spaces. >.< .
Reply 54
hermy81290
I just got my accomodation email through and it looks like I did not get any of choices ;_; ... Instead I'm stuck in the cheapest possible accomodation without even a washbasin (Two of my options were ensuite).
Also the images I saw of Whitworth make me quite scared about the quality of living space... I'm the kind of person who spends a lot of time in their room.
So can anyone tell me more about the place I was allocated;

DI.02.18.145

I am having nightmares about being in a tiny box room with no space to even walk on the floor, I really do not like small spaces. >.< .

Tbh, it's worse in Owens Park.

Dilworth, floor 2, flat 18 room 145.

Honestly people, it's not worth complaining, you just have to bring some posters and stuff you like from home and it's perfect.
Reply 55
DE.01.02.014 is where you'll find me
please assure me it wont be like accomb =[
hermy81290

Yeah, I don't mind that much. But, yeah it did look like a prison. Espically the walls.

Anatheme
Tbh, it's worse in Owens Park.

Dilworth, floor 2, flat 18 room 145.

Honestly people, it's not worth complaining, you just have to bring some posters and stuff you like from home and it's perfect.

So its bad.

I don't want to live in a box.:s-smilie:

This is basically saying yes you will live in a box. I doubt posters can cover up a crappy room, unless you have a lot of posters. This is going to suck a lot. :frown:

P.S. I though the only thing I have to worry about was other students create a mess. But, now its living in a prison cell.
Reply 57
mayarh
DE.01.02.014 is where you'll find me
please assure me it wont be like accomb =[

Derby House

Simplicity
Yeah, I don't mind that much. But, yeah it did look like a prison. Espically the walls.

So its bad.

I don't want to live in a box.:s-smilie:

This is basically saying yes you will live in a box. I doubt posters can cover up a crappy room, unless you have a lot of posters. This is going to suck a lot. :frown:

P.S. I though the only thing I have to worry about was other students create a mess. But, now its living in a prison cell.

Wake up, you're at uni, you will live in a box for the next 3 years…
It's really not that bad, I promise. You'll get used to it and you might even miss it at the end of the year. And rooms under the roof are well large, and you might get one. The walls are bad, but it could be worse, at least, they're white and not greenish as I saw in some other accoms.
Reply 58
Will I actually be able to put posters on the wall? The walls make the room look so cold.. and I have two gigantic posters.
I heard that I will not be able to put anything on the walls. Well to be honest at the moment because of student finance I am not even going to have enough money to pay for the first installment for my accomodation.. I'm still waiting to be reassessed for a Grant.
Anatheme
I think it's you that I just added to the MESS group :gah:

Aha,thats me :woo: Arabic studies :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending