The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

hermy81290
I just got my accomodation email through and it looks like I did not get any of choices ;_; ... Instead I'm stuck in the cheapest possible accomodation without even a washbasin (Two of my options were ensuite).
Also the images I saw of Whitworth make me quite scared about the quality of living space... I'm the kind of person who spends a lot of time in their room.
So can anyone tell me more about the place I was allocated;

DI.02.18.145

I am having nightmares about being in a tiny box room with no space to even walk on the floor, I really do not like small spaces. >.< .

You're in the flat I stayed in this year! The room you'll be in won't be that small, don't worry. There are 4 rooms on the second floor in flat 18 (and 3 on the first floor, kitchen upstairs) and I'm pretty sure they're all the same size. Here are photos of my room:

University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 61
hermy81290
Will I actually be able to put posters on the wall? The walls make the room look so cold.. and I have two gigantic posters.
I heard that I will not be able to put anything on the walls. Well to be honest at the moment because of student finance I am not even going to have enough money to pay for the first installment for my accomodation.. I'm still waiting to be reassessed for a Grant.

That's what they say, but they never check, so you can do whatever you want, lol, get posters, a minifridge, etc…
Reply 62
.Katherine.
You're in the flat I stayed in this year! The room you'll be in won't be that small, don't worry. There are 4 rooms on the second floor in flat 18 (and 3 on the first floor, kitchen upstairs) and I'm pretty sure they're all the same size. Here are photos of my room:

I am so glad you posted this! :biggrin:
I feel much better about moving into there now, also I see lots of pictures.. I will make sure to get plenty of my photos together.
Reply 63
Only just managed to view my accommodation offer, but yeah, Whitworth Park for me it would seem. Hurrah!
Reply 64
i got into garstang..any1 stayin there?? how the condition over there??
Reply 65
tehsc
i got into garstang..any1 stayin there?? how the condition over there??

Same as everywhere else in Whitworth, you can even have a nice view on Aberdeen House :gah:
Reply 66
Oh, and my address is: GA.01.18.126.
KatieFrank
Mice? oooh epic, I'll be keeping one as a pet :wink:

I'm DE.01.05.040
Derby, first floor, flat 5, room 40 :biggrin:
Anyone nearby?
yeah, i'm in flat 7 room 51.
Hope we're lucky with Derby... what dyou study?
Reply 68
Im in DI.G.04.25!:woo:
I presume that means Dillworth House, Ground Floor, Flat 4, Room 25.

Anyone nearby? :smile:

(studying Medicine btw)
Reply 69
Aberdeen Flat 9 anyone???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:smile:
Reply 70
I'm in Dilworth, flat 11 :biggrin: Getting quite nervous with these horror stories and videos. Oh well, I got neither of my three choices either and I dunno if they even gave me a sink haahaa! :biggrin:
Reply 71
Anatheme
AberdeEn. Only PG get Ac, I think. The pics are mine

Ok, some more pics:

Views from my old room (AB.01.23.182)

Tbh, don't worry too much about how crappy it looks, after all, you'll only live there for a year and you'll love how close to your depts it is.

And because linguists are the best, they have the prettiest dept:

My department :yep: Sam-alex building is pretty. My room was okay i think, i was in Thorncliffe and got a pretty big room. I'll add some pics later when i get back on my laptop (don't have wireless at home so have ot go on a desktop). Some of the rooms i saw without sinks though we're pretty scary lol
Fiasco!
I'm in Dilworth, flat 11 :biggrin: Getting quite nervous with these horror stories and videos. Oh well, I got neither of my three choices either and I dunno if they even gave me a sink haahaa! :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure none of the rooms in Dilworth have a sink, you can find out by checking the total cost of your accommodation for the year (should say in one of the e-mails they sent). If it's over £3000 it has a sink, if it's around £2800 it doesn't. The flats and rooms in Dilworth aren't bad though, don't worry!
Got Dilworth, flat 22! Gonna be buzztastic :biggrin:

Also, I checked the prices and there's no basin in my room anyway... Ah well at least I save 300 quid
Reply 74
Whats Garstang house like... i heard it has mice really dont want them as my neighbors. Are all the houses pretty much the same or...
Reply 75
I got WW Acom!
Reply 76
hanny_x
Hi I got my accomodation confirmation and it's
DE.02.12.094

Could someone care to explain it to me?
Thank you x

:eek: OM...I believe we are in the same flat!!
Mine is DE.02.12.092:yep:
Reply 77
domio
:eek: OM...I believe we are in the same flat!!
Mine is DE.02.12.092:yep:

Hi my new neighbour!! :biggrin:
Nice to meet you! Do you have MSN so we could chat??
x
Reply 78
91 JJB
AB.G.22.178

Aberdeeeeeen:biggrin:! Ground floor! The rest of the numbers make no sense to me.

I'm in Aberdeen too!
The numbers mean youre in flat 22, room 178 :yep:
hey i ve got whitworth..accomb flat no 9 room no 066..ne1 neidea how d room is or d flat is..

Latest

Trending

Trending