The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nuneaton FC. Such a bunch of pie in the sky dreamers - one of them told me he thought they would be in the conference one day! :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Newcastle- Never been a big club
Liverpool- Never going to win the league
Charlton- Won't be in league football in 5 years time
Reply 3
Tottenham..
Bradford. Get with the times, man, you're not big anymore.
Reply 5
Newcastle United
Newcastle. We invented delusion. We all prance around the streets at 1pm instead of finding jobs, talking about Messiah's and shaking in the corners about how we're bigger than Man Utd.
Reply 7
Nottingham Forest- They live in the past!
Reply 8
Man City, Real Madrid. Failing that... Tottenham "Trying to get a champions league spot since 2000BC"
Reply 9
Tottenham, and Liverpool.

Spurs because every year they reckon they are going to push for top 4, and every season they are mid-table, and Liverpool, because every year for the past 8 years has been "the year"

I fundamentally don't believe us NUFC fans are deluded. We want what is best for the club and want to do well. We've pumped enough money into transfers and have the facilities and stadia to be successful so why shouldn't we be. Maybe there is the odd fan who thinks we are better than everyone else, but most of us are passionnate, not deluded, but there is a fine line between the two.
Reply 10
Liverpool (they win the league every August yet lose it every December), Leeds (You all know its true) and Celtic/Rangers (They genuinely believe they'd waltz into the top 4 in the EPL).
Manchester city fans aren't deluded it is their owners that are
Reply 12
Nico_SU

Spurs because every year they reckon they are going to push for top 4, and every season they are mid-table, and Liverpool, because every year for the past 8 years has been "the year"

I fundamentally don't believe us NUFC fans are deluded. We want what is best for the club and want to do well. We've pumped enough money into transfers and have the facilities and stadia to be successful so why shouldn't we be. Maybe there is the odd fan who thinks we are better than everyone else, but most of us are passionnate, not deluded, but there is a fine line between the two.

i think we are, mostly because we have been nothing but **** for the last few seasons and yet we still have a massive fan base
Nico_SU

Spurs because every year they reckon they are going to push for top 4, and every season they are mid-table

I know a lot of Spurs fans, none of whom ever build up their chances. I find it's mostly fans of other teams who big them up as possible outsiders than Spurs fans themselves.
Nick_000
Celtic/Rangers (They genuinely believe they'd waltz into the top 4 in the EPL).

Firstly, we hate being grouped together.

Secondly, that is completely wrong and if you look at the other thread and read what is being said the arguments are being made for the club developing in the EPL, not winning it straightaway. Jeez, nothing like throwing around a few fallacies to massage one's superiority complex.
Reply 15
'Arsenal'
Liverpool
Chelsea
I've met many Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle (obviously), and Leeds fans in real life. Not one of them seemed to have unrealistic expectations or ambitions. Mostly just the media feeds people crap and stereotypes, and people eat them up.

Everyone has a few morons in their fanbase.
Reply 17
Arsenal. They seem to think that they have an awesome squad and are 'the best team in the world'.

-_-
Stu Laverty
Newcastle. We invented delusion. We all prance around the streets at 1pm instead of finding jobs, talking about Messiah's and shaking in the corners about how we're bigger than Man Utd.

Yeah my top choice would be your team!
Reply 19
Kevin Keegan. Alan Shearer. The Messiahs.

That is all that is needed to fulfil this thread.

Latest