The Student Room Group

Moving from the US to London! Help!

Hi there!

I'm eighteen, am living in the US, and have many questions. I suppose this would be the best forum to post in, seeing as how I will technically be an international student. :tongue:

I will be a university student in the states for two years, but plan on moving to London after that.

Truthfully, I have not been too scholarly in my high school endeavours, and have a lower GPA, hardly any ECs, ~1900 SAT, and only one AP Exam, which I made a 3 on, if that means anything to anybody.

I suppose my questions start here:
Is it possible for me to transfer after two years of US university to a London university?

The only one I know of is London Metro University, which (I believe) requires that you fulfill all of the first-year courses at the US university and will be able to transfer through "advanced entry" as a second-year student.

Are there any other universities that allow transfers such as that? Does anybody know what my best bet would be in doing something like this?

Much appreciated!
Reply 1
not sure if this will help or not, but i found this link http://www.london.ac.uk/colleges_institutes.html that lists the unis in London. you can click on the links for each school and go from there.
xcharislamex
Hi there!

I'm eighteen, am living in the US, and have many questions. I suppose this would be the best forum to post in, seeing as how I will technically be an international student. :tongue:

I will be a university student in the states for two years, but plan on moving to London after that.

Truthfully, I have not been too scholarly in my high school endeavours, and have a lower GPA, hardly any ECs, ~1900 SAT, and only one AP Exam, which I made a 3 on, if that means anything to anybody.

I suppose my questions start here:
Is it possible for me to transfer after two years of US university to a London university?

The only one I know of is London Metro University, which (I believe) requires that you fulfill all of the first-year courses at the US university and will be able to transfer through "advanced entry" as a second-year student.

Are there any other universities that allow transfers such as that? Does anybody know what my best bet would be in doing something like this?

Much appreciated!

1800 isn't bad on an SAT. But when you go to transfer back, I doubt they'll look at that. They're probably going to be most concerned with your university grades.

But why not complete your degree in the US?
Reply 3
teily
not sure if this will help or not, but i found this link http://www.london.ac.uk/colleges_institutes.html that lists the unis in London. you can click on the links for each school and go from there.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but isn't that just the University of London? :x

Delta Usafa
1800 isn't bad on an SAT. But when you go to transfer back, I doubt they'll look at that. They're probably going to be most concerned with your university grades.

But why not complete your degree in the US?

Really? So, on transfer, SAT doesn't matter as much? And University grades actually do matter and are looked at?

I'm following the one I love to London. hah. :tongue:
xcharislamex

Really? So, on transfer, SAT doesn't matter as much? And University grades actually do matter and are looked at?

Thats so sweet!
But it may be difficult to switch halfway through your degree-you'd be better off emailing a few English Universities that you'd like to attend. I suppose it'd help if you went to an Ivy Leage-which Uni do you attend/are about to attend?
xcharislamex

Yeah of course. The SAT is an American test, I don't think British Universities would care at all. All they care about is how you do once you get to university.

And that's cute! :P

Latest

Trending

Trending