The Student Room Group

Which university is the best choice, york, cardiff, birmingham or London Arts?

Hi, I'm an international student. I'm really confused about choosing the right university. I checked the RAE and TIMES ranking, but it changes every year. So I really don't know which is the best choice. :confused:

1. York MA cinema television & society
2. Cardiff MA International Journalism
3. Birmingham MA media culture and society
4. University of the arts london: MA enterprise and management of creative arts

Which one of them has the best reputation? And which one do you think can help me most in the career?

Thanks for your advice!
masakijia
Hi, I'm an international student. I'm really confused about choosing the right university. I checked the RAE and TIMES ranking, but it changes every year. So I really don't know which is the best choice. :confused:

1. York MA cinema television & society
2. Cardiff MA International Journalism
3. Birmingham MA media culture and society
4. University of the arts london: MA enterprise and management of creative arts

Which one of them has the best reputation? And which one do you think can help me most in the career?

Thanks for your advice!

Well, the courses are all not exactly the same, so it depends on what you want to focus on I guess. I am going to the University of the Arts London, it is supposed to be the best for practical art and design courses, but I am not sure about its reputation for more theory-based courses such as yours. They also have a lot of connections with industry. Not sure about the other three.
Reply 2
kittensmittens
Well, the courses are all not exactly the same, so it depends on what you want to focus on I guess. I am going to the University of the Arts London, it is supposed to be the best for practical art and design courses, but I am not sure about its reputation for more theory-based courses such as yours. They also have a lot of connections with industry. Not sure about the other three.

Yeah, that's why i worried...Going to an arts school but studying theory courses doesn't sounds very cool... The connections are very important though. But York has good ranking... I'm very confused :eek3:
masakijia
Yeah, that's why i worried...Going to an arts school but studying theory courses doesn't sounds very cool... The connections are very important though. But York has good ranking... I'm very confused :eek3:

I don't think anyone can tell you what the "best" course is. I mean rankings are important but they are not everything (eg Arts London has horrible rankings but for practical art and design courses it is undoubtedly the best place in the UK, but I could be biased :p: ). It is a personal decision and it depends on what you want to get out of the course. So research the course content, professors, etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending