The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 1
Oops, the apostrophe in the title was meant to be after the 's' not before it! :redface:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
If this year's one is anything like my one when I was there, most of the events are Hall-based, except for Freshers' Fair of course. Therefore, it largely depends on the quality of your JCR. My freshers' week was good because I was in Wantage Hall - I don't know what it's like in other Halls though.
Reply 3
kew96158
If this year's one is anything like my one when I was there, most of the events are Hall-based, except for Freshers' Fair of course. Therefore, it largely depends on the quality of your JCR. My freshers' week was good because I was in Wantage Hall - I don't know what it's like in other Halls though.

Ah right, so I probably won't have much to do since I'm not living in Halls?!
Reply 4
Eeyore
Ah right, so I probably won't have much to do since I'm not living in Halls?!

:eek: You can can be an 'associate member' of a Hall if you should so wish - then you'd have access to most events in that particular Hall I think.
Reply 5
kew96158
:eek: You can can be an 'associate member' of a Hall if you should so wish - then you'd have access to most events in that particular Hall I think.

Hmm, maybe. I'm not too keen on the social side as I hate clubbing and large groups of people and noise :s:
Reply 6
Eeyore
Hmm, maybe. I'm not too keen on the social side as I hate clubbing and large groups of people and noise :s:

courses start after freshers week, there are a few intoductory lectures about course structure what they expect from you and guide to spending your overdraft etc etc

Try and have some fun, perhaps grin and bear a few outings to places, i can imagine it getting very boring if you stay in every night of freshers week, as there is little else to do.
Reply 7
My course doesn't start untill October though. When is freshers week? Will I still move to my hall in september?
Reply 8
Eeyore
Just wondering what kind of stuff goes on in Freshers' Week at Reading? Will we be starting courses then, will we be required to be in uni much?

There's actually all kinds of activities going on during fresher's week, including signing up for your modules, going to your department's introductory sessions, tours of the campus, etc.

It's also a great time to meet people, as almost everyone is lost. Just say "Hi!" and smile, I'm sure other people will appreciate meeting up with you.

For more info on last year's Fresher's week, see here:

http://www.info.rdg.ac.uk/freshers/welcomeweek.htm

Loukas

Latest