The Student Room Group

London accommodation

Hey all, I'm starting an mphil stud in birkbeck this year, don't know london very well, any advice on accommodation?

I can't get uni halls unfortunately, I was thinking about http://www.goodenough.ac.uk/ , anyone had any experiences? How difficult is it to get in? (feels like applying for an ma all over again).

Sharing with some house mates wouldn't be a bad thing, but I think it would be fun to be surrounded by so many like-minded people, at least for the first year.

Cheers.
Hello,

I'm doing an MA Human Rights in London as well this year.

Why can't you get into uni halls? Did you look at the intercollegiate ones? There are a number of other resident/flat style accommodations available:

www.unite-students.com
www.hivestudents.com
www.nidostudentliving.com
www.libertyliving.co.uk

Some of them are rather expensive, so it depends on your budget. I'm waiting to hear from a couple of places at the moment.
Reply 2
could try and check out thestudentpad.co.uk ?
Reply 3
rinascimento

I'm doing an MA Human Rights in London as well this year.

Oooh, what uni?
Amanda
Oooh, what uni?

The School of Advanced Study, Institute of Commonwealth Studies. Are you studying Human Rights as well?
Reply 5
Anyone know what the indian ymca is like....I've got a friend going there?
Reply 6
Goodenough College is fantastic, apply and see if you get in. When my family was in London I got them to sublet a place there and I spent a lot of time there too. I wanted to get accomodation there but it's only for graduates. :frown:

It's essentially based around providing cheap accomodation to high-achievers. You will need to demonstrate this (promising career prospects/amazing community service/talented musician/etc) and need to show how you would culturally or otherwise contribute to college life. It's pretty competitive; but for the price and the group of people you end up living in the same buidling with, it's unbeatable.

Latest

Trending

Trending