The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

esd1323
The AS grade is half of the whole A2 grade... so its a potential 300 marks out of the total of 600.

I didn't realise it was that simple.. I'm really liking having ABC now :biggrin: considering I need CCD to get into uni.
Reply 21
Are you guys sure that unis don't see your AS grades? York basically told my friend not to bother applying as she had an E in an AS level, even though she was predicted 3 As at A2 and York doesn't make offers that include AS grades!
If you don't aggregate/claim them, then why should they see them? They're not on the UCAS form, as they're not your grades yet, and only Cambridge that I know of asked for them - don't even know if they're allowed to ask anymore. I have a friend who 'forgot' she'd done Chemistry as she had a U in it, and didn't tell Cambridge. She didn't get in. I had a U in Further Maths, and told them, and I still got an offer. At the end of the day, everyone makes mistakes and there are resits. :smile:
Reply 23
But they are on the UCAS form!....?
Ohhhhhhh, I'm so confused :frown:
Reply 24
I just put pending on my UCAS form next to my AS grades. That way the universities only see your predictions. xx
Jelkin
But they are on the UCAS form!....?
Ohhhhhhh, I'm so confused :frown:

Charlottie
If you don't aggregate/claim them, then why should they see them? They're not on the UCAS form, as they're not your grades yet, and only Cambridge that I know of asked for them - don't even know if they're allowed to ask anymore. I have a friend who 'forgot' she'd done Chemistry as she had a U in it, and didn't tell Cambridge. She didn't get in. I had a U in Further Maths, and told them, and I still got an offer. At the end of the day, everyone makes mistakes and there are resits. :smile:

Only if you claim the grades and choose to put them on the UCAS form. Like mousey, I put pending.
I declined like 3 out of 4 of my grades, so I ended up declining them all. This was mainly because altho I got good grades, i wanted to resubmit coursework etc. If you decline your grades you are not obliged to put them down on the form, the universities therefore don't know what you got and assume you didn't 'cash' them in.

It really does make little difference if you put your AS grades down or not.

As for Personal Statements, for all people here in Yr12 I'd advise that you spend some time over this summer drafting a first copy of your PS and look at a number of universities as once September comes time goes soo fast and you want to get your form off. Technically unis are supposed to wait until Jan 13th the closing deadline, but they do give first come first serve offers; I got all my offers before the end of the year.

Latest

Trending

Trending