The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Student Gym Membership in Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I am soapy
Hallam Strength and Conditioning suite has over 10 racks with enough olympic bars to make anyone happy. But you have to go to Hallam and be on a sports team to be a member :smile:

I know hehe, I went to have a look at it and it is a proper setup and I knew about the restrictions for it. Either a coach has to give you a genuine reason if you're from outside a Hallam sports club or you're part of a team there.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
I know hehe, I went to have a look at it and it is a proper setup and I knew about the restrictions for it. Either a coach has to give you a genuine reason if you're from outside a Hallam sports club or you're part of a team there.

Which gym did you end up going to, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by I am soapy
Which gym did you end up going to, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not at any gym in Sheffield, but I have a few things which I am marking any gym by;

-Must have squat racks
-Must have addequate benching facilities
-Addequate olympic bars and weights
-No retarded rules
-If possible, lifting platforms.
-if possible, a proper iron gym.

Its one of the few things I am researching at the moment, Hallam sports Suite has it all but I haven't looked far yet.
Reply 23
Hey, ill be studying at uni of sheffield soon and i was wondering what the best gym for students (location and price) would be there. A good gym with heavy free weights, barbells, squat racks etc. I like training old school way rather than all the machines!!

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending