The Student Room Group

German AS AQA exam

:biggrin: Heya everyone, i was just wondering if anyone did their german AQA AS exams the other day????? I had my german speaking 2 weeks ago on tuesday and then my other german exams on the tuesday just gone!! I personally thought the listening was quite taxing compared to all the other past papers and the parts of the reading like the passage about the fake money!!!! Wat was that about!!!! Ha ha they try to make it sound interesting lol!!! The writing was alright but i could of written so much more but i didn't want to go ova the limit too much!!
So overall i really do not know whether i have done well!!
Anyone else think it was a weird exam???? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Fake money? :confused:
Reply 2
Ok just realised maybe it was edexcel!!!!
Reply 3
I was scared for a min there that I'd missed a page out or something :eek:
Reply 4
Ha ha sorry, i just looked at the other threads and thought wat!!!! Politics???? So did u have to chose between two questions?? we got one to choose and it was about a friend coming from germany and i had to organise a weekend away, it was fine but wish i could of written more, wat are u hopin to get????
Reply 5
I'm just hoping to pass German to be honest - maybe a C ...? I dunno.

We get 5 questions to choose between and we have to do 2 in 1 1/2 hours. Topics are Mass Media, Immigration & Multiculturalism, Environment, Germany & Europe and German-Speaking World ... and I did Immigration and Environment.
Reply 6
Ok..... sounds a lot harder than mine, yeah i really wanna just pass it!! I dunno if i should take it on next year, in reality it would be better to do sumthing else cuz i'll probs get a better grade but having a germna a level is quite impressive!!!!
how did ur speaking exam go???
Reply 7
AQA German = a right bitch!
Reply 8
Hehe well if I fail that's my excuse then! :p:

My speaking was alright - no major disasters :smile:

I want to take German next year too, but it's too hard :eek: :frown:
Reply 9
Kiesha
Hehe well if I fail that's my excuse then! :p:

My speaking was alright - no major disasters :smile:

I want to take German next year too, but it's too hard :eek: :frown:

A2s actually easier than the AS - that's what I'm finding anyway!
Reply 10
Interesting. If I get a C or above I'll probably take it next year and resit my AS Level exams - but i'll wait for my results first! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Kiesha
Interesting. If I get a C or above I'll probably take it next year and resit my AS Level exams - but i'll wait for my results first! :biggrin:

I got a fairly mediocre B at AS level, but with retakes and a bit of hard work, I'm on coure for an A at A2 :smile:
Reply 12
Cool, good luck with that :smile:

Yeah, we hardly did any work in German (except for looaads of grammar) up until this past month so I'd definitely actually have to do more work if I took it next year.
Reply 13
Kiesha
Cool, good luck with that :smile:

Yeah, we hardly did any work in German (except for looaads of grammar) up until this past month so I'd definitely actually have to do more work if I took it next year.

Good luck with your ASs too! :smile:

Latest