I'm trying to watch things on 4 od and I find the prog I want to watch but theres no 'play' button next to it like there usually is.
I've looked at the faq's and folowed those instructions- to install the latest java and flash downloads. But still no luck. Any ideas?
If your using firefox, try opening it in IE and if your using IE then try opening it in google chrome. Download.com
What program is it? Doesn't 4od have programmes posted that you're not actually allowed to watch, it's just for show or something? I quite often see a program listed and think "Oh my God that's awesome, haven't seen that in aaaages" then it turns out you can't actually see the darn thing :P
this was happening me yesterday for a while, just closed the browser and then reopened it and it was there....
This is very late but hopefully it will help someone else. I had the same problem but i use safari. I emailed 4od and one of their suggestions was going into Safari > reset. so simple and it worked like a charm. I can play all videos now.
Ill copy and past their full response incase that doesn't work for you:
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your email regarding 4oD.
We are sorry to read that you are experiencing issues when attempting to view programmes on the service. In order to ensure you can access the content, please could you follow the troubleshooting provided below:
1. Please find out which version number of the Flash Player you currently have installed.
Go to this page http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ in your usual web browser.
There should be a small box about half way down the right hand side of the page headed 'Version Information'. This is your current Flash version. Please note down the details.
Then upgrade to or reinstall the latest version as it is possible your Flash Player may be corrupt.
To do this, click on the following link to go to the Flash Player Download Center:
This should take you to a page with a big button with 'Agree and Install', click and follow any further instructions from Adobe.
This should install the latest version of Flash.
You can re-check that you have the latest version installed by repeating the step above if required.
Try to watch something on 4oD.
2. You may be experiencing an Internet File caching problem. Please try clearing your temporary internet files for your chosen browser. For further assistance on how to do this, please refer to the online help available for your browser.
3. It has been brought to our attention that on occasion when using the AOL browser customers are experiencing error messages. In order for 4oD to operate successfully, please use an alternative browser to access the service.
4. 4oD on Channel4.com uses geo-blocking software that detects where your computer is located when it connects to the internet. Channel 4 must acquire specific rights to use programmes on 4oD that aren't always covered by existing television rights.
The programme rights that we hold are limited to the UK and Ireland and we are prohibited from allowing them to be viewed elsewhere. These rights differ between countries; therefore, programmes may not always be available to different countries.
If you are in the UK or Ireland and are experiencing a geo blocking issue, this can be caused by one of the following:
1. You are using anonymiser software to disguise your IP
2. You are trying to connect to the service through a proxy server
3. Your ISP or network connects to the internet via a server which is based outside the U.K
4. The IP you are using has previously been involved in unlawful activity
- Making a direct connection without IP shielding should resolve the issue.
- It may also be that you have a DNS assigned IP and you have been assigned an IP which was previously assigned to someone who was blocked for one of the above reasons.
To fix: simply reconnect to the internet, by turning off your modem/router and turning it back on. This should assign you a new IP and solve the problem.
If you have checked the issues above and still experience this issue with 4oD, please reply to this email providing the following information:-
*Your IP address? You can find this at http://www.whatsmyip.org
** Which Flash player full version number you have installed?
If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq
Channel 4 take no responsibility for third party websites
We've updated our 4oD site! You can now access a full list of all the programmes available on the service, please visit: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od/all
Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
Already a member?
Oops, something wasn't right
please check the following:
Not got an account?
Sign up now
© Copyright The Student Room 2016 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22
Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE