The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

The Times University Guide 2005 - King's College London

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/phpnews/wmview.php?ArtID=891

King’s College London has retained its position of 16th out of 100 UK universities in the latest Times league table.

www.timesonline.co.uk/uniguide

The Times also included a number of subject tables which ranked universities on an overall combined score from teaching and research quality, average Ucas point scores of entrants and destinations. These tables showed the top 20 universities. King’s was ranked:

1st Dentistry
2nd Food Science
3rd Classics and Ancient History
3rd Iberian languages
3rd Philosophy
3rd Politics (War Studies)
4th Music
5th History
8th Law
9th Business Studies
11th Anatomy & physiology
11th French
12th Other subjects allied to medicine
15th German
15th Medicine
15th Nursing
17th Education
17th Pharmacology & pharmacy

The Times Higher Education Supplement has also produced league tables this week which analysed various performance criteria. In particular, King’s was:

* 3rd in the employability of its graduates (after Cambridge and Bradford)

* 4th in terms of student-to-staff ratio (higher than either Oxford or Cambridge)

* 7th in terms of research income (the newly merged university in Manchester has inevitably moved up the table)

The College is also cited as having achieved an average of 22.2 out of 24 in the subject review score of Teaching Quality Assessment, and an average research assessment score of 5.5 out of 7, per member of staff, in the RAE.
Wow. Go us :cool: :biggrin:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Y is KCL rated so low in Times? Everyone, don't pay attention to Times ranking, its rubbish it doesn't put KCL in top 10, everyone use Guardian Ranking~ Guardian Ranking is very~ accurate, apart from their love for SOAS
Reply 3
acey10
Guardian Ranking is very~ accurate

hehe :wink:
Reply 4
acey10
Y is KCL rated so low in Times? Everyone, don't pay attention to Times ranking, its rubbish it doesn't put KCL in top 10, everyone use Guardian Ranking~ Guardian Ranking is very~ accurate, apart from their love for SOAS

Hmmm...I wouldn't say the Guardian is accurate in the slightest. We'll only go back to the legendary "Bradford is better than Oxford for Law" debate :biggrin:.

Saying that, I wouldnt suggest the Times is particuarly accurate either :rolleyes:.
The CheesecakeBobby League Table is by far the most accurate. Kings is ranked 1st for "awesomeness".
Reply 6
Yeah, I fully support the CheesecakeBobby one.
cheesecakebobby
The CheesecakeBobby League Table is by far the most accurate. Kings is ranked 1st for "awesomeness".

I have to say I wish there was a proper league table named that :biggrin:

Latest