I'd still ditch my offer from York for one from Cams

I did

Fool that I am
No, cambridge wins every time!
Waldo
I did

Fool that I am

Wanna swap? :biggrin:

Nah, seriously, I think you made a good move. The course is just AMAZING looking. York looks good, but nothing that special. I am sure it'll be great too though.
Reply 23
hmm reading list certainly seems ambitious

might as well have just written 'read the western canon'

:s
Reply 24
i didn't know cambridge did a drama with english degree, (well its route 2 of drama and education where you can do eng modules instead of education) otherwise i'd have the applied there, (i didn't apply to oxbridge). I said i preferred york, coz my course there is english with performance and i personally prefer that to straight english, coz it allows me to keep up my interests in acting and directing. but i did have a look @ the cambridge english course and it does look v.interesting.
Wow, someone gave me bad rep for the comment about a 3rd from Oxford, which was utterly true and had the audacity to say: 'A third/2.2 from Oxford would probably easy beat a 2.1/first from Exeter.' Well, no actually: if you have a good quality education such as that at oxford, then you should be getting higher than a 3rd. The person who wrote this also has a superiority complex.
Reply 26
Evil Muffin
Wow, someone gave me bad rep for the comment about a 3rd from Oxford, which was utterly true and had the audacity to say: 'A third/2.2 from Oxford would probably easy beat a 2.1/first from Exeter.' Well, no actually: if you have a good quality education such as that at oxford, then you should be getting higher than a 3rd. The person who wrote this also has a superiority complex.

thats so annoying...people give me neg rep all the time saying things like "you're silly"...one person gave me neg rep today for a comment i made about 2 months ago and took 50 points off me so now im -81...how SAD is that? lol
Thats sad :frown: I hope someone with powerful rep can get you back up to a green gem (not that it matters really, only a website after all!). Fair enough if it was a stupid comment, but what I said was pretty much indisputable.
Reply 28
sophieD
thats so annoying...people give me neg rep all the time saying things like "you're silly"...one person gave me neg rep today for a comment i made about 2 months ago and took 50 points off me so now im -81...how SAD is that? lol

i just gave you some lol. don't know how many points it will equate to, but the best of luck in your quest.
Reply 29
silence
i just gave you some lol. don't know how many points it will equate to, but the best of luck in your quest.

thanks very much to everyone! the nicest people are definately in the english forum! :smile:
its gone from -81 to -54...yeah!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending