The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Use the search function, all the information is there.
Reply 2
I did it last year as an addittional subject and I ahve to say it was pretty hard. The course contains a lot of information that you hae to remember. I would say a good level of english was required and a lot of time has to be put in. Although it was difficult it was really interesting and rarely boring. Our teacher wasn't the best which added to the difficulty, despite putting in a lot of effort and revision I'm looking towards a B/C grade. I suggest you do it though.
StuartMill
I did it last year as an addittional subject and I ahve to say it was pretty hard. The course contains a lot of information that you hae to remember. I would say a good level of english was required and a lot of time has to be put in. Although it was difficult it was really interesting and rarely boring. Our teacher wasn't the best which added to the difficulty, despite putting in a lot of effort and revision I'm looking towards a B/C grade. I suggest you do it though.

Thanks for the advice. I am pretty good at writing essays and remembering things so it should be fine. Is there much science involved in the subject?
Reply 4
I suggest you don't do it. Its not a very interesting subject. I think I've failed. Most of the people in my class ended up dropping it. Very little science is involved
Reply 5
pamelaa
I suggest you don't do it. Its not a very interesting subject. I think I've failed. Most of the people in my class ended up dropping it. Very little science is involved

What about the investigation?
LuhLah

Investigation? You have to do a ******* investigation?! ****!!
I have to take the subject as I need to do two highers for uni and that is the only one I can do from the list they gave me of possible choices.
Reply 7
moonshine_1991
Investigation? You have to do a ******* investigation?! ****!!
I have to take the subject as I need to do two highers for uni and that is the only one I can do from the list they gave me of possible choices.

It's supposed to be really easy apparently, but I guess we'll find out soon lol
Reply 8
LuhLah

That's quite easy.
Reply 9
pamelaa
That's quite easy.

Well that's good, what did you do for your investigation?

I really hope college has the past papers lol
Reply 10
LuhLah
Well that's good, what did you do for your investigation?

I really hope college has the past papers lol

Images as an aid to memory (i.e dual coding theory by paivio)
Reply 11
The research investigation is time consuming but not tricky. Theres little science in the course as a whole but there is a lot of dates/names to remember. It is difficult, and theres a chance I might have failed, but its worth trying. For my research investigation I did research into images as an aid to recall.
Reply 12
StuartMill
The research investigation is time consuming but not tricky. Theres little science in the course as a whole but there is a lot of dates/names to remember. It is difficult, and theres a chance I might have failed, but its worth trying. For my research investigation I did research into images as an aid to recall.

Kewl. Do you learn about stuff like anxiety disorders, scitzophernia and stress? CBT?
Reply 13
LuhLah
Kewl. Do you learn about stuff like anxiety disorders, scitzophernia and stress? CBT?

Yes.. Why don't you just read the course outline? Lol
Reply 14
pamelaa
Yes.. Why don't you just read the course outline? Lol

Too much effort :p:
Reply 15
Your teacher can choose what topics to cover, whether they choose to do them all or leave some out is up to them. We had to self teach Anxiety, the teacher taught Schizophrenia and we left out Stress.
Reply 16
And now, After pulling off a miracle and getting an A (:smile::smile::smile:) I suggest you do it.
I can't wait to do this next year. It's the only subject I'm doing that I've never done before, and it looks really interesting.
Reply 18
Hmm. I got a B. I think it was because of my coursework though. I just wrote crap in the exam. Still wouldn't recommend it.
Reply 19
TimmyVermicelli
I can't wait to do this next year. It's the only subject I'm doing that I've never done before, and it looks really interesting.

Same :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending