The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Advanced Subsidiary
I'm just finiding it quite on which Uni I should apply to do Pharamcy. In london there are only...

Kings College London
Kingston University
School of Pharmacy

>.< i have no idea which one to apply for. In need of help... anyone?

...apply for all three?
KCL, as I remember, request maths to AS level minimum. Haven't been to it though.

Kingston were pretty rude to me on e-mail when I was asking them stuff, haven't been there either.

SoP is quite nice. They're really really competitive for places, however. The institute itself isn't that interesting but the reputation it has in the pharmacy field is really good. I think they said on the open day that halls were inter collegiate so you're not living with, studying with and going out with pharmacy students the whole time.

Best thing is to visit them rather than rely on other people's opinions. After all, most people are looking for different things in a uni.
Reply 3
Well seeming how Kingston sent an e-mail to a complete stranger that was deemed as rude, don't go there. Clearly you're life will just go downhill.

P.S. (How was that useful information about Kingston? You might as well have just said nothing. Keep that in mind)
Reply 4
Advanced Subsidiary
I'm just finiding it quite on which Uni I should apply to do Pharamcy. In london there are only...

Kings College London
Kingston University
School of Pharmacy

Kingston University<---hahaah what a sh@t hole....its a joke to even call it a university. full of thick low life, bad boy/girl wana be losers with a 3rd class education.
bretj89
Well seeming how Kingston sent an e-mail to a complete stranger that was deemed as rude, don't go there. Clearly you're life will just go downhill.

P.S. (How was that useful information about Kingston? You might as well have just said nothing. Keep that in mind)

Sorry, my post about Kingston pale in comparison to the tree of knowledge that is this really helpful post.
mrboo10
Kingston University<---hahaah what a sh@t hole....its a joke to even call it a university. full of thick low life, bad boy/girl wana be losers with a 3rd class education.

I kind of believe you because my sister was telling me the exact same thing. Thanx for the help everyone. I'll get the prospectus' and head to the opening days for a look around. Seems like it's UCL, KCL or SOP.

Wait.. I don't see UCL, i could've sworn UCL does Pharmacy?

EDIT: Oh no they don't :s-smilie:
Advanced Subsidiary

Kings College London
Kingston University
School of Pharmacy

If you're predicted at least ABB then you could essentially apply to all three. I don't know about Kingston's reputation as a university but I do think their degree is validated by RPSGB so you wouldn't have a problem in that sense.
london?? really?? the best pharmacy unis are outside the capital..
im going to apply to nottingham(best in the uk) and manchester and southampton..
emanuel_arsenalfc
london?? really?? the best pharmacy unis are outside the capital..
im going to apply to nottingham(best in the uk) and manchester and southampton..

LSOP has an outstanding reputation internationally and has many strong links with some top universities worlwide. King's has always been strong in the Medical/Health related subjects and givent hat London has some of the best teaching hospitals and facilities in Europe, it certainly is one of the best places in the country in which to study those particular courses, including Pharmacy.

Nottingham and Manchester are good Pharmacy schools but you shouldn't always go off what the rankings say as they take into account several factors includign things like "student satisfaction" which could well be higher in places outside of London where the cost of living is lower (hence students have more money to spend on going out etc. and hence are more satisfied) or staff to student ratio which may be higher at smaller institutions. These factors don't take into account teaching quality and entry standards. Also LSOP seems to have better international links than Manchester and Nottingham and LSOP offers the opportunity to spend part of the course abroad at one of their numerous partner institutions. Manchester doesn't offer such an option and Nottingham as far as I can remember when I applied to them, only allow you to go to their campus in Malaysia (I think?).

I'm not knocking Nottingham or Manchester, infact I chose those places over LSOP for other reasons. But to say LSOP isn't one of the best Pharmacy Schools is really a bit silly.
theres also medway in london
Reply 11
Advanced Subsidiary

Kings College London
Kingston University
School of Pharmacy

apply to LSOP and Kings..lsop has a really gud rep..what are your predicted grades?
zubz_86
apply to LSOP and Kings..lsop has a really gud rep..what are your predicted grades?

BBB - but I think I should be able to get 2 A's.
Reply 13
in terms of better teaching LSOP....kings ain't that great except for the fact that it is much more diverse in the ranges of people you will meet.

Latest

Trending

Trending