The Student Room Group

The price of Equality

If someone came up with a way to solve inequality in the world(not saying it will be easy or possible), as in poverty.

But told you, you had to make sacrifices, no more ipods, dishwasher, tuble drier. etc....

But to make sure no one is forced into giving up their possesions or people do it for the publicity they make the sacrfifices anomynous, and basically you sign a card that will take away your certain rights e.g. right ot go to Mc Donalds, Right to a washing machine. etc.....

What would you ANOMYNOUSLY sacrifice for a equality to be achieved.....
My right to post on TSR.
Reply 2
If everyone was equal, we would probably all be poor. There are a lot of people in the world.

If I was going to sacrifice something I would not do it anonymously.
Reply 3
It;s an interesting question. I'd say that if all were equal then the concept of being rich or poor would be redundant as we would all be on an equal footing, there would be no disparity in terms of privilege and hence to rich and poor. I'd expect that if everyone were poor then we would also eradicate the concept of financial currency replacing it with some sort of material currency, directly exchanging material for material and cutting the middle man.
Anyway what would I give up, I suppose I'd be willing to surrender nice food, and television (oh what a sacrifice!!), and films, and my mobile phone. But definitely not music, books, coffee, or the internet.
Reply 4
No I wouldn't. Probably would if I was poor though. Weird eh?

Latest

Trending

Trending