The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got into Cartmel which is what I wanted!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
just wondering where on facebook it says?
I'm already holding an unconditional offer but I ain't got anything yet.
Reply 4
yeah ive got an unconditional but got no accommodation offer either. i thought it was going to be august that we heard? hope it doesnt come when im on holiday :s-smilie:
You'll be receiving your accommodation placements AFTER the A-Level results are out, because only once the University knows many applicants they are taking on through Clearing and who have met their Conditional Offers, will they begin to allocate rooms.

Also you'll only be finding out which College you are in beforehand, only when you arrive on the day will you know your block and room information.
michaelbenson
You'll be receiving your accommodation placements AFTER the A-Level results are out, because only once the University knows many applicants they are taking on through Clearing and who have met their Conditional Offers, will they begin to allocate rooms.

Also you'll only be finding out which College you are in beforehand, only when you arrive on the day will you know your block and room information.

smcclin2
I got into Cartmel which is what I wanted!

You two, meet each other. They are obviously coming out slowly. I have only seen Cartmel and Lonsdale ones though.
_emerald_x
just wondering where on facebook it says?

On one of the groups, people are chatting about it.
That is strange. Last year [and in recent years from what I have heard] they came out in stages from late August onwards [I got mine in September].

I don't think people are lying but it is surprising if people have heard. For those you haven't, I wouldn't worry. Just enjoy the summer! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Well im an international student anyways, so that may be why i have got mine. You guys have to wait til you have results back or something of that nature right??
affinity89
That is strange. Last year [and in recent years from what I have heard] they came out in stages from late August onwards [I got mine in September].

I don't think people are lying but it is surprising if people have heard. For those you haven't, I wouldn't worry. Just enjoy the summer! :biggrin:

I'm not worrying, but I'd like to know because I need to know whether I am moving in on the Saturday or the Sunday as my Mum is a teacher and can't get time off work to help me move in if it's a Sunday. I can't enjoy the summer because I'm working the whole time.

And I completely understand that most people won't get them by now, they're waiting for results. But I'm NOT waiting for results, and was told I would get allocated early August, so I'm not just being ridiculous.
Reply 10
A Stranger in Moscow
I'm not worrying, but I'd like to know because I need to know whether I am moving in on the Saturday or the Sunday as my Mum is a teacher and can't get time off work to help me move in if it's a Sunday. I can't enjoy the summer because I'm working the whole time.

And I completely understand that most people won't get them by now, they're waiting for results. But I'm NOT waiting for results, and was told I would get allocated early August, so I'm not just being ridiculous.

You're not being ridiculous - I'm in a similar position in that I'm not waiting for results and I got an e-mail this afternoon offering me a place in Grizedale (first choice!) and I was so excited I did a little dance..
A Stranger in Moscow

Just to clarify, I've never suggested you are ridiculous. I just said it was strange which has been said by other posters. And, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the summer if you can - university can be very hard work and is a lot to adapt to so making the most of now is never a bad thing. :smile:
Reply 12
A Stranger in Moscow

You'll probably get it soon :smile: They used to send out letters in alphabetical order, so people with a name beginning with z got theirs much later than those whose names began with a.
A Stranger in Moscow
You two, meet each other. They are obviously coming out slowly. I have only seen Cartmel and Lonsdale ones though.

On one of the groups, people are chatting about it.

That was the system they were using last year, and as far as I was aware they weren't changing the system this year either. How it normally works is that those students who are applying internally (i.e., through withdrawal and readmission, or intercalculation) are allocated places first, then international students are allocated, then those with unconditional offers, and then conditional offer students are placed. And as I said this normally happens after A-Level results, so I wouldn't expect to receive any information now because whilst some may have by chance received their placement, they won't be doing it for everyone until they know exactly how many rooms they need to allocate for undergraduates this year.
michaelbenson
That was the system they were using last year, and as far as I was aware they weren't changing the system this year either. How it normally works is that those students who are applying internally (i.e., through withdrawal and readmission, or intercalculation) are allocated places first, then international students are allocated, then those with unconditional offers, and then conditional offer students are placed. And as I said this normally happens after A-Level results, so I wouldn't expect to receive any information now because whilst some may have by chance received their placement, they won't be doing it for everyone until they know exactly how many rooms they need to allocate for undergraduates this year.

I know, it's just the letter I got said early August, so I was surprised that some people got theirs late June as Lancs is known for being quite slow with stuff like that! And I just really want to know so I can either buy train tickets or tell my Mum to drive me.
64 Sophia
You're not being ridiculous - I'm in a similar position in that I'm not waiting for results and I got an e-mail this afternoon offering me a place in Grizedale (first choice!) and I was so excited I did a little dance..

Yay! I want my first choice but it's on a Sunday!
affinity89
Just to clarify, I've never suggested you are ridiculous. I just said it was strange which has been said by other posters. And, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the summer if you can - university can be very hard work and is a lot to adapt to so making the most of now is never a bad thing. :smile:

I know but I am so tired of people telling me that it's too soon and to enjoy myself! I'm working so much and all my friends have had their first year already and their excitement, I've just had a really **** (gap) year and want another one to start. And I know it can be hard work, but it can't be worse than this year :P
*banana
You'll probably get it soon :smile: They used to send out letters in alphabetical order, so people with a name beginning with z got theirs much later than those whose names began with a.

Oh man! Is that surname? Annoying. :frown:
A Stranger in Moscow
I know, it's just the letter I got said early August, so I was surprised that some people got theirs late June as Lancs is known for being quite slow with stuff like that! And I just really want to know so I can either buy train tickets or tell my Mum to drive me.

You'll either be coming up on the Saturday or Sunday of the last week in September, so you can at least make plans to leave around that time. Which two Colleges did you apply to, because if you applied to two colleges who are moving in on the same day then it really shouldn't be that much of an issue.
michaelbenson
You'll either be coming up on the Saturday or Sunday of the last week in September, so you can at least make plans to leave around that time. Which two Colleges did you apply to, because if you applied to two colleges who are moving in on the same day then it really shouldn't be that much of an issue.

One moves in on the Saturday, and one on the Sunday, that's why it's a problem. That's why I thought it might be a problem, I wouldn't bring it up if they were on the same day! My Mum can't get time off work, so I need to know if she can drop me off (if it's a Saturday) or if she can't (if it's a Sunday). I'm not asking for help with this problem, I know that I need to either get a lift or get a train depending on which college, but I was just mentioning that a few people seem to have got theirs, so I'd like to know mine so I can inform my Mum.
I got County :h:
Reply 18
A Stranger in Moscow
I got County :h:

Yay :woo: Congrats on getting into the best college:biggrin:
*banana
Yay :woo: Congrats on getting into the best college:biggrin:

I shall get ready for doing it for the tree :teeth:

Latest

Trending

Trending