The Student Room Group
dita_parlo
Hi I have an interview for a behaviour support worker position. Anybody here a behaviour support worker? Any interview tips? Rep available thanks! :smile:

I'm not one but I would like to be one... definitely a challenging job!

Is it secondary? What experience do you have? I'd say you need to show that you're aware of a wide range of strategies for dealing with all different types of behaviour. Especially considering children with SEN. Just big up your experience and whenever answering questions always back your answers up with concrete experience.

Try making a long list of all your strategies, which ones have worked and why, which ones weren't successful and why. This should help ingrain it into your mind for the interview.

Also brush up on the common whole-school behaviour policies and strategies, i.e. the tracking system etc.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for that post, really helped me a lot! :smile:
dita_parlo
Thank you so much for that post, really helped me a lot! :smile:

You're welcome! I have experience of teaching in a school without a sanctions and rewards policy, I think it's called behaviourism, so if you want anymore info on that feel free to pm me.

Lots of luck!
KayleeLand
I have experience of teaching in a school without a sanctions and rewards policy, I think it's called behaviourism.

Is that a synonym for hellhole?
Mr M
Is that a synonym for hellhole?

Hahaha - in theory no, but in practise :rolleyes:
dita_parlo

I came across this earlier and thought it might be useful to you too. I know it's American but I think you'd probably be asked some behaviour questions. The S.T.A.R thing seems a great idea!

http://www.career.vt.edu/jobsearc/interview/Behavioral.htm

Latest

Trending

Trending