The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I never thought of that, its rather interesting. Its a possibility but chances are he won't become President so know need to worry.

I wish they would change there constitution, so that Arnie can become President in 2012! :biggrin:
Reply 2
He would never be elected, if he was , the US would have no more credibility in the world.
Reply 3
AntoineUK
He would never be elected, if he was , the US would have no more credibility in the world.

:curious: I thought it was George Bush who took away the US' credibility.

Ron Paul would make America alot better, the fact that he is a pacifist is the first and biggest bonus for America on the worls stage. But like you said he won't become President because he is to "radical" and doesn't sit well in his party.
Reply 4
He's also a bit of an isolationist, much to the chargrin of Republicans, who believe that America is a force of good.
AntoineUK

How?

MazalTov89
He's also a bit of an isolationist, much to the chargrin of Republicans, who believe that America is a force of good.

What do you mean by 'isolationist'? Refusing to meddle in conflicts in the middle east?
Reply 6
Joy Division
How?

What do you mean by 'isolationist'? Refusing to meddle in conflicts in the middle east?

Withdrawing from NAFTA, the UN, NATO, etc.
Reply 7
Joy Division
How?

Well yeah, that and he wants to pull out of the UN, NATO and any other organisations that America's involved in.

EDIT: Bax-man beat me too it.
Reply 8
This is a bit random, but this is the same Ron Paul who was in Bruno??

He was sooo funny =D
I thought he was the candidate that spoke the most sense personally. However, many Americans are absolute fanatics who would be in dispair if their military grip on the world ever diminished. Ron Paul basically wants to make the US a big version of Sweden.
Tommy Jay
This is a bit random, but this is the same Ron Paul who was in Bruno??

He was sooo funny =D

:yep:

I felt sorry for the guy, haha.
He was the best candidate, but he will never get any kind of mainstream support, his agenda is to give America back to the people, that means taking power away from bankers and the military-industrial complex.
Reply 12
Joy Division
How?

Because he's an idealist , he wants America's troop to be withdrawn from many countries abroad. That would only weaken America's power.
Reply 13
AntoineUK
Because he's an idealist , he wants America's troop to be withdrawn from many countries abroad. That would only weaken America's power.

No it isn't power is money, and they will make more money instead of meddling in foreign affairs.
Reply 14
tucker672
No it isn't power is money, and they will make more money instead of meddling in foreign affairs.

Foreign affairs is what makes a country powerful. Just look at the cold war , The USSR was only powerful because it was spending billions on it's military.
Reply 15
Well usually stupid people assasinate leaders, and stupid people vote for Ron Paul.

So no he would be fine as no smart person would try to assasinate him.
Harris
Well usually stupid people assasinate leaders, and stupid people vote for Ron Paul.

So no he would be fine as no smart person would try to assasinate him.

What is wrong with Ron Paul?
Reply 17
AntoineUK

Presumably you mean 'elected President' rather than simply elected - considering he is an elected and popular Senator already.

Having 'credibility' amongst a nest of vipers is hardly worthwhile, is it?

Don_Scott
What is wrong with Ron Paul?

The left hate him because he presents a pleasant, popular and logical alternative to their system. Left wingers quite simply don't like popular right wingers, and go out of their way to slander them.
Ron Paul has always striked me as being a man in the wrong party. He claims that his views are traditional Republican views, but in the modern day Republican party, I'd say ideologically he'd be more at home with the Democrats.
L i b
The left hate him because he presents a pleasant, popular and logical alternative to their system. Left wingers quite simply don't like popular right wingers, and go out of their way to slander them.

He's actually a Congressman but I like him as he is very genuine.

Latest

Trending

Trending