The Student Room Group
Yeah ive used them, they were ok. A lot of phoning up and stuff- they wouldnt compromise on a deal the conversation went pretty much like this
"Dude I don't want a wii so can't you just give me money off?"
"No, sorry"
"Why?"
"Cause you have to take the wii"
:facepalm:

Father sorted it, but be careful if your getting cash back
Reply 2
Sweet by and
Yeah ive used them, they were ok. A lot of phoning up and stuff- they wouldnt compromise on a deal the conversation went pretty much like this
"No, sorry"
"Why?"

Then you could just sell the wii ? :smile:
Yeah I have, it's a good business idea believe me, its horribly hard to get your cashback and if you miss a deadline that's it, make sure you use recorded delivery, and takes around 2 months from askign for the cashback to get it, and you need to do it a few times (atleast I do), id rather just pay less ;/
Cupcakee
Then you could just sell the wii ? :smile:

I thought of that but it worked out that the cashback ws cheaper but if you forgoet to do it within a certain period you dont get it at all
Reply 5
Foster88
They seem to have a lot of good deals but when i checked on a forum there was a lot of negitive feedback, so i am a bit wary ?

Anyone with first hand expereince with them

I've currently have a cashback contract with them.

If you miss one payment, according to their website, you can still claim for the others.

They have always sent me a text and email saying when they received my claim letter and also again when they have approved the claim.

They are quick to approve within a few days. And, generally you get the cheque before your next bill.

They did a while back ignore some of my emails, however, now they have a email ticket system and they reply quickly to all queries.

I would say they are reliable - I have also read some of the posts about them not being reliable but I imagine they have improved since...read more recent posts.
They are owned by the CarphoneWarehouse btw.
silent ninja

The Devil themselves!
I was curious about this website too... I mean check these reviews like from yesterday...

http://www.ciao.co.uk/mobiles_co_uk__87437
silent ninja

Have only good experiences with CPW and mobiles.co.uk. Any trouble with CPW in the past we've sent them a sternly worded letters and they have taken notice. Send in your cashback claims on time and the cheque will come within the next couple of weeks. mobiles.co.uk seems to be much the same but with far superior deals.
I got my Xperia X1 with them a month or so ago, and was fine.
I think the main problems with them seem to be with cashback (which can be a bitch with any shop really) and CS (again, a lot of the bigger shops have rubbish CS too).

Sweet by and
"No, sorry"
"Why?"

To be fair, if someone is bundling something with a product or service, its really rare that they will compromise. Take game consoles bundles. Most shops won't take a game out and give it to you for cheaper etc.
WelshBluebird
I think the main problems with them seem to be with cashback (which can be a bitch with any shop really) and CS (again, a lot of the bigger shops have rubbish CS too).

To be fair, if someone is bundling something with a product or service, its really rare that they will compromise. Take game consoles bundles. Most shops won't take a game out and give it to you for cheaper etc.

They were offering to give me cash back of a laptop so they wern't actually benefiting from giving me anything and ended up costing me more. It was a bit bizarre though they were giving me more texts and minutes plus a free thing for £35 a month where as o2 were trying to charge me £45 with no free thing and less minutes and texts.
WelshBluebird

Actually a lot I know do unless the game is actually part of the box and not a shop offer, that was what happened when I got my 360 Elite and picked Fable 2 and DC Vs Mortal Kombat when released instead of Fifa and something else, even managed to get a free HDMI cable and a £5 gift voucher as I said I wasnt sure about getting it and was thinking of going elsewhere. this was in HMV.
I bought an iPhone SE from mobiles.co.uk (part of Carphone Warehouse) on an O2 contract.

When you clicked on the buy links, the advertised £60 upfront cost was actually £94.99. Still a decent price, so I bought.

Now mobiles.co.uk have taken £95 from my account. Dodgy dodgy dodgy. And silly literal penny pinching!

mobiles.co.uk don’t return complaint messages and are impossible to reach by phone. Carphone Warehouse say F-Off We don't care.

Financially dodgy. Terrible service. Don’t care attitude.
They take a 1p charge to confirm identity thats why
Bought contract from EE
Original price 16.99
£4.50 after cash back
AVOID MOBILES.CO.UK LIKE THE PLAGUE!We've used them few times over the years (not sure why) and every single time we had some issues. As some say when something is cheaper than everywhere else there must be a reason for that. In case of Mobiles.co.uk it's their awful customer service and their misleading adverts... The cashback they offer requires constant chasing and should you miss the deadline for sending back a copy of paid bill, you loose your cashback for that period of time. When you consider the time spent on chasing them up, etc it is hardly worth bother and this seems to be exactly what they want you to do, give up on the cashback...On another occasion they advertised a 1 month rolling SIM-only contract with £10 automatic cashback which then turned out to be a one off. Also as the cashback was advertised to be 60 days delayed I didn't even realised that anything was wrong until I was 3 months into the contract and I received only 1 cheque! The funny thing is that they are still advertising it on their website and it still is as baffling as it was when I got tricked into it...Finally, we went for a phone upgrade through Mobiles.co.uk and used Quidco to get some cashback. After few months of waiting for the payment Mobiles simply refused the cashback and never explained their reasons for that!My advice: go to someone else and AVOID MOBILES.CO.UK LIKE THE PLAGUE!
Original post by Rob Surbiton
AVOID MOBILES.CO.UK LIKE THE PLAGUE!We've used them few times over the years (not sure why) and every single time we had some issues. As some say when something is cheaper than everywhere else there must be a reason for that. In case of Mobiles.co.uk it's their awful customer service and their misleading adverts... The cashback they offer requires constant chasing and should you miss the deadline for sending back a copy of paid bill, you loose your cashback for that period of time. When you consider the time spent on chasing them up, etc it is hardly worth bother and this seems to be exactly what they want you to do, give up on the cashback...On another occasion they advertised a 1 month rolling SIM-only contract with £10 automatic cashback which then turned out to be a one off. Also as the cashback was advertised to be 60 days delayed I didn't even realised that anything was wrong until I was 3 months into the contract and I received only 1 cheque! The funny thing is that they are still advertising it on their website and it still is as baffling as it was when I got tricked into it...Finally, we went for a phone upgrade through Mobiles.co.uk and used Quidco to get some cashback. After few months of waiting for the payment Mobiles simply refused the cashback and never explained their reasons for that!My advice: go to someone else and AVOID MOBILES.CO.UK LIKE THE PLAGUE!

This thread is from 2009! Please check thread dates before posting in future.

Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending