The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sebastian Flight
This is fairly interesting. I'm new to this site, and I must admit I haven't been badly hungover in a long time, but I clicked on the topic because it's quite funny. A hang-over is funny because it's like justice - punish your liveer, you get punished. And hearing about them is lovely schadenfreude.

What a bunch of kill-joys we have here.

To claim a night of over-drinking is hazardous to ones long term health is fairly inaccurate - this guy didn't say he was a chronic alcoholic for God's sake. Stop being so judgmental.

Fine, it may not be your cup of tea to get drunk, that's fine. I think smoking's awful but I wouldn't attack someone's thread about it, how pathetic. Saying things like "wow, you're cool!" actually makes you come across a little like you've got a bit of a complex about it. Most of the people I know who "hate drinking" actually admit they just don't like the taste of alcohol.

Still, that's internet forums for you. Grow up and post in your own threads.

And for the record: my worst hangover was my graduation - I drank a very old bottle of port with my mate that my Godfather gave me for my 21st - I woke up next to my decanter which was full of diet coke, and had to phone my mate as I was too drunk to tie my bow tie for graduation. My parents were arriving in 2 hours. It was awful!

Welcome to TSR mate, you got it spot on - It's full of loosers.

Don't make a thread about it though! Oh noes! You get banned!

PM me if you want to read it though :biggrin:

Anyway, on topic, my worst one was a year and a bit ago at a tallship reunion. It was an all nighter, 7 am we were up to. This guys house, it had a fully stocked bar and free drinks all night.. Suffice to say, it was an immense night. Some severe, extreme mixing - I had atleast 17 cans of different beers, and atleast three quarters a bottle worth of different spirits. The recovery time was 2 days, I was destroyed.

It was funny though, I slept at his and woke up 2 hours later still completely wasted, got dressed and walked home drunk (about 4 miles away). I must've got some funny looks.... Immense night though :biggrin:

I don't get hangovers that much anymore though, I'm more sensible and I drink 2 pints of water when I get in before bed.
Reply 21
Meant to be a quiet gathering at my mates and as i had work the next morning I didn't want to drink too much. Then another mate turnt up with two big bottles of JD. JD and Coke seemed like a good idea. Between three of us we polished off the bottles and i just remember thinking...hmmm this isn't good. I'm sure at one point we ran out of coke so drank it straight :\...Work the next morning was interesting. Started at 9, was sent home by 11. Bad, Bad times. Cannot stand the smell of JD now..just brings back awful head-in-toilet memories :\
Reply 22
James'
Man, if they put you in a jar, it would be like a jar of awesome; you're just THAT awesome.

Ohh and this one time I drank 3 WKD's (yes, badass) and I was hospitalised. Dark times.

You seem like a right c unt.
Reply 23
It was bad enough that I cannot remember what I drank.
Worst one. Friends birthday party. Drnak about 16 sambucas. 5 aftershocks. And a couple little bottles of jack. Had the nastiest hangover in the world. Plus I had work the next day and was violently sick in the bathrooms. Good times. Good times.
Reply 25
I couldnt tell you what id been drinking but it had just been a normal night out originally. Flatmates walked me home, apparently got into my room and just sat in the bathroom being sick. Couldnt eat/move much the day after, horrible.

Either that or my 19th- free drinks, bad idea!
Reply 26
I had to this christmas ball thing in sixth form. They had like a sit down dinner and provided wine at the table. I drank glass after glass of red wine and then a **** load of other stuff throughout the night like vodka, gin, strongbow etc. I was a mess.

Red wine gets me really drunk, really quickly though, never been sure why that is.
Reply 27
From white rum, god knows why I was even drinking that...don't touch drinks like that now, liquors are just dirty
New Years day. It was the first time I had ever touched alcohol, and I drank so much malibu and I spent the following day in bed feeling sorry for myself. I just felt sick until I ate something. I very, very rarely get hangovers.
I never get them :p:
When someone told me that rubicon mango + vodka was nice, tried it, tasted nasty but decided not to waste it as I'd emptied the whole carton into a pint glass [was pretty drunk on several fosters/vodka n coke already though].

I managed to stop myself throwing up until I got off the bus home though which I'm quite proud of. I then had to wake up at 7 to go somewhere and I was fine but as the day went on my headache got worse and I was sitting in an important meeting swaying.
Reply 31
Try 2 hours sleep then working 7am - 7pm .. thats harsh

Edit : oh yeah and I was drinking 12% beer all night haha
Reply 32
Errrr, I dunno how much, but I drank lots of beer, lots of Sambuca and a fair amount of Vodka within the space of about 3 hours.

Got home about 3, fell asleep in our downstairs loo after throwing up for an hour, went to bed at half five. Woke up the next day at midday literally unable to move. Eventually stumbled into my bathroom for a shower, had one...and fell back to sleep. Went back to bed, and eventually felt able to move at around 9. Don't think I ate or drank for a few days though, apart from water. Good times.
:borat: OH NICE WAN.

But seriously sounds like the hangover itself is teaching you a lesson :p:

The only hangover I've ever had was the first time I got drunk, was a headache that lasted all day. Hurt to go to a gig that evening haha. Haven't had one since, though I don't get drunk that often - makes it more fun when I do :biggrin:
I went to a friends parents wedding anniversary thing, and because it was a tad uncomfortable for me, not knowing anyone, I drank a lot of wine, then when i couldnt afford wine a pint of beer, and then champagne for the toast. The next morning I had work and had to go in, throwing up everything I drank, and trying very hard not to move. I havent drank rose wine since.
In 4 years of uni I was never ill from alcohol until some friends and I went to a cocktail bar for a friends birthday a few weeks ago. URGH. Curse B@1 and their 2 for 1 offers!
Reply 36
oooo theres a couple:

my sisters 15th birthday party. i drank a bottle and a half of wine and vomited all over my art coursework final piece! :'( (ironically i got a higher mark in that particular project than the rest of my art projects that year.)

my friends 18th- i drank a bottle of jagermeister at around 11pm and the next thing i remember was waking up at 10am the next day on my boyfriends bedroom floor :/ needless to say i missed work that day...

went to a little get together at my friends house last month- didnt think i had actually drank that much but was sick three or four times in the morning. my friend was a bit worse off than i was though -on the way back that afternoon she was nearly sick on the bus and had to get off halfway to spew again :biggrin:
alcohol poisoning at 17. I threw up on everyone who came to my aid. Refused to give anyone my mums telephone number and hid the landline so no one could call an ambulance. Don't ask me why. Anyway yes mother of all hangovers and i had to travel an hour at 8 in the morning to get home.

since then ive never had one.
Reply 38
cardine92
When someone told me that rubicon mango + vodka was nice, tried it, tasted nasty but decided not to waste it as I'd emptied the whole carton into a pint glass [was pretty drunk on several fosters/vodka n coke already though].

I managed to stop myself throwing up until I got off the bus home though which I'm quite proud of. I then had to wake up at 7 to go somewhere and I was fine but as the day went on my headache got worse and I was sitting in an important meeting swaying.

rubicon mango and vodka is my fave drink! as long as its fizzy rubicon:p:
Reply 39
I remember one quite bad one I had to do a lifeguarding shift the next day for 3 hours on my own. I kept hallucinating :indiff: The humidity, warmth and responsibility (and skimpy shorts) were not a good combination.

Latest